Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus, Spring Practice and School Closings

With the onset of the Coronavirus, are there any schools in the conference postponing Spring Practice and/or class? SMSU's Spring Break ends this week and there's still no word from the president or Athletic Department regarding postponing class or practice. I wonder if the NSIC will make a decision for all the schools, to keep everyone on the same page.

Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post
    With the onset of the Coronavirus, are there any schools in the conference postponing Spring Practice and/or class? SMSU's Spring Break ends this week and there's still no word from the president or Athletic Department regarding postponing class or practice. I wonder if the NSIC will make a decision for all the schools, to keep everyone on the same page.
    SMSU is monitoring the situation, but has elected to continue on for the time being.

EDIT: I know for a fact MSU is doing the same, and I've been told SCSU and RCTC are doing the same as well.
    Last edited by SW_Mustang; 03-12-2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

These are the only schools that are not suspending classes to some degree as of me writing this, although I would definitely expect to see this change.

University of Mary: Open in Bismarck, although they are allowing students to make other arrangements. Closed in Rome.
      Northern State University: Open

Wayne State: Open

Last edited by SW_Mustang; 03-12-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

It's kind of moot at this point, but the NSIC has suspended athletics.

I'm guessing that's a wrap on spring football.

Comment

Augustana at this point is extending spring break a week until March 23rd.

Comment

Meh. I'm bored. Here's a list of schools that are OPEN - as in, have not modified their class schedules...

NSIC:

-Wayne State
            -University of Mary (although leniency is being given to students who wish to make accomodations)

MIAC:

-Augsburg
            -Concordia-Moorhead
            -Gustavus
            -Hamline

UMAC:

-Crown College (next week is spring break, looks like they are going to evaluate later)
            -Northland College

Other MN colleges not in the NSIC/MIAC/UMAC (*no updates)

-Oak Hills Christian*
            -Leech Lake Tribal College*
            -Academy College*
            -Adler Graduate School*
            -Hazelden Graduate School*
            -Luther Seminary*
            -Mayo Clinic Colleges* (You'd think one of the top medical schools in the world would be onto something like this?)
            -NWHSU*
            -United Seminary*

(Bet some of you didn't know we had so many weird colleges, huh? *wink)
            Last edited by SW_Mustang; 03-12-2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Meh. I'm bored. Here's a list of schools that are OPEN - as in, have not modified their class schedules...

Other MN colleges not in the NSIC/MIAC/UMAC (*no updates)

-Oak Hills Christian*
              -Leech Lake Tribal College*
              -Academy College*
              -Adler Graduate School*
              -Hazelden Graduate School*
              -Luther Seminary*
              -Mayo Clinic Colleges* (You'd think one of the top medical schools in the world would be onto something like this?)
              -NWHSU*
              -United Seminary*

(Bet some of you didn't know we had so many weird colleges, huh? *wink)
              Maybe could get some of these to join the NSIC. :)

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

Maybe could get some of these to join the NSIC. :)
                Hahaha, that would be awesome.

Both Oak Hills and Leech Lake have sports, they could have one hell of a rivalry with Bemidji State :D

Comment

Wayne State finally has decided to extend spring break another week and then go from there. Online classes will still meet as scheduled next week, but no on-campus classes for at least another week.

Comment

https://northernsun.org/news/2020/3/...pionships.aspx

NSIC officially cancels 2020 spring sports season and championships

Comment

I'm not going to lie, this statement from the University of Mary is pretty bizarre.

https://www.umary.edu/student-life/c...ity/health.php

As I understand it, Mary will continue to hold courses on campus for students who remain on campus, but are requesting students not on campus to not travel.

Comment

Does anyone care about this list? I'm kind of just updating it for fun, but if it's annoying to the rest of the board I can stop.

NSIC:

-University of Mary (Classes to still be held as I understand it, with strong changes to who will be on campus)

Other MN colleges not in the NSIC/MIAC/UMAC

-Academy College
                        -Adler Graduate School
                        -Hazelden Graduate School

(These three haven't given any updates)

Comment

[LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=inherit]Does anyone care about this list? I'm kind of just updating it for fun, but if it's annoying to the rest of the board I can stop.
                          Go ahead- there isn't much else to post about.

BLHS school was two hours late today- they are basically telling kids to take everything home for the long haul. New Ulm schools sound like they are doing the same thing.

I doubt if I will get to see the San Francisco Giants play the Twins in May. They are the last MLB team that I haven't seen in person.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Go ahead- there isn't much else to post about.

BLHS school was two hours late today- they are basically telling kids to take everything home for the long haul. New Ulm schools sound like they are doing the same thing.

I doubt if I will get to see the San Francisco Giants play the Twins in May. They are the last MLB team that I haven't seen in person.
                            Sounds good. I doubt I'll see much of anything from the 3 remaining, but Mary is of a fascination to me - I wonder why they are dragging their feet.

I know the local school had today scheduled off, but it sounds like they are bringing everyone back in tomorrow, then sending them home again for the long haul.

Comment

Does anyone care about this list? I'm kind of just updating it for fun, but if it's annoying to the rest of the board I can stop.

NSIC:

-University of Mary (Classes to still be held as I understand it, with strong changes to who will be on campus)

Other MN colleges not in the NSIC/MIAC/UMAC

-Academy College
                              -Adler Graduate School
                              -Hazelden Graduate School

(These three haven't given any updates)

Never heard of the first two and had no idea Hazelden had a graduate school.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X