Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

Go ahead- there isn't much else to post about.

BLHS school was two hours late today- they are basically telling kids to take everything home for the long haul. New Ulm schools sound like they are doing the same thing.

I doubt if I will get to see the San Francisco Giants play the Twins in May. They are the last MLB team that I haven't seen in person.
    Heard the baseball season may not happen at all and the NFL season could be at risk. Might be time to find some new hobbies.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Never heard of the first two and had no idea Hazelden had a graduate school.
      Yeah. It seems kind of interesting:

https://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/ed...iction-studies

Adler is a graduate school for psychology majors in Minnetonka. It's a very small school, but it's decent from what I've been told. They put up a lot of flyers in our Social Sciences building.

The list I was using on Wikipedia had Academy College listed as a private-NFP based out of Bloomington, but Niche has it listed as a for-profit. I wasn't really tracking those since they are more-or-less businesses. The college looks like it offers Aviation, Business, and IT degrees, but there's not a lot of other info out there on them.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        [LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=inherit]Does anyone care about this list? I'm kind of just updating it for fun, but if it's annoying to the rest of the board I can stop.
        Keep it coming. I like seeing how places back home are handling this.
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Heard the baseball season may not happen at all and the NFL season could be at risk. Might be time to find some new hobbies.
          I thought about becoming a male prostitute like Fred Garvin. Although I might have to do it by phone to keep social distance. I bet that Great Lakes Feed and Grain would hire me- if that isn't IBC's territory already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphfMd4_LCs

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Keep it coming. I like seeing how places back home are handling this.
            Sure. It's really down to the two grad-schools (neither of which I can find an update for) and Mary. I may expand my search to South Dakota or Iowa in the coming days since Minnesota is about wrapped up.

Comment

I should also mention, I'm using the terms "open" and "closed" fairly loosely, and it's in reference to their in-person course schedule. "Open" and "Closed" doesn't necessarily apply to the physical campus buildings or cessation of class offerings - almost all colleges I've looked at are moving everything online.

The only college in South Dakota currently "open" is Sinte Gleska University, a private tribal university in Mission. It looks like they are planning to evaluate after Spring Break, but currently have no plans to hold classes online.

As it affects me - I'm finding online classes themselves being tweaked. I'm in 10 credits at MSU, and since I can't be there in person every class I'm taking right now is online. Things are getting shifted around there as well, albeit not as dramatically. I'm having a tough time getting through to professors to ask what the situation is, understandably so as they have a lot on their plate right now.

Comment

The University of Mary has folded. They will stop holding in-person classes.

They are the final NSIC school to close.

Comment

I haven't kept track of the U, but I just read their new letter, so I apologize if this is old information:

-In-Person classes are cancelled. All instruction will move online.

-All events and activities are cancelled, including commencement.

-The library is closed.

-Students have been asked to vacate the residence halls. They are allowing students to stay if they have no other options, but are asking students to leave.

-Students who stay will most likely be consolidated into as few buildings as possible to cut staff.

I would assume this will apply to every campus.

Comment

I missed a bit in there:

-All staff and faculty have been asked not to return to campus, unless their jobs absolutely require them to do so.

-All staff and faculty with young children and no other options for care will be allowed to make arrangements as necessary with no damage to sick leave or PTO.

-Research deemed non-major will be discontinued. Major research will be allowed to continue. The only research allowed to expand has to be related to COVID-19.

I would expect Minnesota State to follow closely behind.

Comment

Every trick comes with a complimentary Pioneer seed corn jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I thought about becoming a male prostitute like Fred Garvin. Although I might have to do it by phone to keep social distance. I bet that Great Lakes Feed and Grain would hire me- if that isn't IBC's territory already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphfMd4_LCs

No explanation for the last post

Comment

No explanation for the last post
                          We had one of those nice kelly green spring jackets for years. Not sure what happened to it- I think I gave it to a friend of my brother's who was visiting. There seed corn is so darn expensive now, we buy seed from a local dealer much more cheaply.

Comment

Comment

This was my favorite. I didn't wear the collar up though.

Comment

These lined ones too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X