Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Oh Laker. Never Change.

I'm a PhD student at Vandy, in infectious disease (shoulder shrug). COVID-19 is just increasing my future job prospects I keep telling myself.
    Nice!

Didn't mean to sell you short on that one, I don't run into a lot of PhD students out here in the boonies :D

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Or decreasing your number of potential patients!
      Whatever the outcome of an infected person (and God-willing we hope for positive ones) it increases data points.
      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Nice!

Didn't mean to sell you short on that one, I don't run into a lot of PhD students out here in the boonies :D
        No worries! The boonies of SW MN is home :) I didn't know much about using a science degree outside of going to med school or teaching HS until I got a taste of research at USF. That evolved to exploring research jobs and graduate schools and I made my way south to Vandy a few years ago. I'm passionate about educating rural areas on what all you can do with a science degree, and proper science education in general. All of which becomes very relevant in a pandemic.
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Whatever the outcome of an infected person (and God-willing we hope for positive ones) it increases data points.

Comment

No worries! The boonies of SW MN is home :) I didn't know much about using a science degree outside of going to med school or teaching HS until I got a taste of research at USF. That evolved to exploring research jobs and graduate schools and I made my way south to Vandy a few years ago. I'm passionate about educating rural areas on what all you can do with a science degree, and proper science education in general. All of which becomes very relevant in a pandemic.
            That's pretty awesome, actually.

In my experience, college was just a "thing" we were taught to strive for - but the individual majors and degree levels were never really explained. Had I had some more of that knowledge, I think I would have tweaked my plans differently (and taken high school more seriously). My degree did get me a job though, so I can't complain about it too much, haha.

Comment

Link to that? I'm kinda interested in reading it.

I thought about "him" (the confirmed case) while I was in Renville County on Sunday. Glad to hear he's doing better.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't mind the link either.

Comment

Link to that? I'm kinda interested in reading it.

I thought about "him" (the confirmed case) while I was in Renville County on Sunday. Glad to hear he's doing better.
                  https://www.willmarradio.com/covid19...cSm5K34IoZ2MA8

Comment

I thought about becoming a male prostitute like Fred Garvin. Although I might have to do it by phone to keep social distance. I bet that Great Lakes Feed and Grain would hire me- if that isn't IBC's territory already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphfMd4_LCs
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12KcnPMV3OM

Comment

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing.
                        I remember Jill Bruns when she was in high school in Hector- Jill Peterson then.

Comment

I remember Jill Bruns when she was in high school in Hector- Jill Peterson then.
                          Here's an article from the Pioneer Press about him from this morning.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/03/1...first-patient/

Sounds like he's being credited for preventing the spread in Renville County, at least for now. Crazy to think that if a couple of choices had been made differently, a lot more people would have gotten sick.

Comment

On this twitter site, about 3 weeks ago coaches were still inviting prospects to their spring game, now they are being invited to camps only. Have to believe that could change as well. Covid19 sucks! https://twitter.com/NSICRecruiting

Comment

Governor Walz is now is self-quarantine:

https://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-gov...160727576.html

Senator Klobuchar's husband is in the hospital:

https://www.wtap.com/content/news/Kl...569026521.html

If I had to guess - I think Minnesota will be shut down by next Monday afternoon. Might not be a bad idea to start planning for it anyway.

Crazy to think that just a couple weeks ago, we were bummed that sports were going to be played without fans. Now we're all facing shelter-in-place mandates.

Comment

NSIC peeps..I think this is going to get worse before it gets any better. As a 12U baseball coach, we'd been looking forward to starting tournaments in April and have been training indoors for a while in prep for that. At this point, I'll be happy if we get even 1 month of baseball season in. With people not fully taking this serious (bars, spring break, fitness centers)..I think the spread has happened and we just don't know yet because the symptoms and tests haven't shown yet. Be safe folks..and look out for others with your own actions. Stay home unless you have emergency needs. Thanks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X