Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...not sure how the other states are going about this in the conference. But, in the past we have heard the Minnesotans want their own conference and us "outsiders" would have our own conference. Well, what happens if Minnesota keeps doing Minnesota things and won't allow sports this Fall but the other NSIC schools do? That would potentially mean Upper Iowa, Wayne, Augie, USF, Northern, Minot and Mary.

As if it wasn't messy enough with the loss of two football teams, now this potential? Excited to see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      So...not sure how the other states are going about this in the conference. But, in the past we have heard the Minnesotans want their own conference and us "outsiders" would have our own conference. Well, what happens if Minnesota keeps doing Minnesota things and won't allow sports this Fall but the other NSIC schools do? That would potentially mean Upper Iowa, Wayne, Augie, USF, Northern, Minot and Mary.

As if it wasn't messy enough with the loss of two football teams, now this potential? Excited to see how it turns out.
      I've wondered about that too - but the weird thing is, schools can cancel sports, conferences can cancel sports, state systems can probably cancel sports, as probably the state itself. That leads to a ton of possibilities. I'll be curious to see how this ends up playing out.

Comment

At this point The PSAC is setting options to play
        Heard an interview with Gannon U , expecting no cuts and no layoffs.
        Gannon University is in Erie, Pa and part of the Pennsylvania St Ath Conf

https://www.erienewsnow.com/clip/150...-sports-return
        Last edited by Sec10-A-14; 05-17-2020, 07:15 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

The Nebraska State College System (Wayne State, Peru State, Chadron State) is altering the fall schedule. The semester will begin a week earlier than planned (Aug. 17) and then the semester will be over just before Thanksgiving Day. There will be a short December term, offered on a trial basis, to enable students to take remedial courses, or to find jobs or internships. Otherwise the thought process is to eliminate having a mass number of students returning to campus in late November from Thanksgiving break and bringing he virus back to campus.

https://www.omaha.com/news/education...46a5b65.html#1

Comment

SJU/CSB announced they will open the campus in the fall...there is hope yet for you Minnesota NSIC schools yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              SJU/CSB announced they will open the campus in the fall...there is hope yet for you Minnesota NSIC schools yet.
              My gut tells me Minnesota State is going to wait until the last second to make an announcement. I'm not sure what the University of Minnesota will do. Concordia is obviously on its' own.

Comment

(Duplicate)

Comment

Seems most schools are going to open and do no roommates. Not really clear how that makes the least bit of difference. The guys are still gonna hang out together. And lest we forget this age bracket faces zero danger. Why is school/football even in question. Crazy. But hey if measures like this save the football season then great.

Comment

Originally posted by BSUDad View Post
                    Seems most schools are going to open and do no roommates. Not really clear how that makes the least bit of difference. The guys are still gonna hang out together. And lest we forget this age bracket faces zero danger. Why is school/football even in question. Crazy. But hey if measures like this save the football season then great.
                    Any evidence to back the claim?

Comment

[QUOTE=SW_Mustang;n510646]

Any evidence to back the claim?

[/https://www.twincities.com/2020/05/3...nic-illnesses/

Comment

[QUOTE=DapperDan;n511009]
                        Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                        Interesting. The claim stated there was zero danger, yet the article doesn't say that anywhere.

We can agree there is very little danger, but zero danger is a bit of a reach.

Comment

[QUOTE=SW_Mustang;n511052]
                          Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Interesting. The claim stated there was zero danger, yet the article doesn't say that anywhere.

We can agree there is very little danger, but zero danger is a bit of a reach.
                          Not one death under 30 and virtually 100% had serious health issues. College age people are as close to zero risk as conceivable. Most of the deaths are in nursing homes and the rest have diabetes, cancer, heart disease, obesity or the like. This was obvious from the beginning yet with deaths a tenth of the models half the public is converted to frightened sheep, the economy is ruined, deficit bloated, businesses destroyed, unemployment pushed beyond depression levels, citizens bankrupted, patients with serious issues not visiting doctors, domestic abuse on the rise, alcoholics drinking, suicides up and yada yada. On top of that, while it was obvious the elderly were highly vulnerable, some of our bright leaders required nursing homes accept Covid positive patients. How again was the way this was dealt with not one of the biggest clusters of all time?

Comment

[QUOTE=DapperDan;n511253]

Not one death under 30 and virtually 100% had serious health issues. College age people are as close to zero risk as conceivable. Most of the deaths are in nursing homes and the rest have diabetes, cancer, heart disease, obesity or the like. This was obvious from the beginning yet with deaths a tenth of the models half the public is converted to frightened sheep, the economy is ruined, deficit bloated, businesses destroyed, unemployment pushed beyond depression levels, citizens bankrupted, patients with serious issues not visiting doctors, domestic abuse on the rise, alcoholics drinking, suicides up and yada yada. On top of that, while it was obvious the elderly were highly vulnerable, some of our bright leaders required nursing homes accept Covid positive patients. How again was the way this was dealt with not one of the biggest clusters of all time?
                            For what it is worth...my wife oversees Healthcare for an assisted living/memory care that has over 100 residents. Zero deaths due to covid however the isolation has 100% led to other issues causing death. Of course, at an assisted living that size, death is always going to be an ongoing thing unfortunately. In our county we have had four deaths, atleast three were on hospice. We have had no nee cases on over four weeks.

In a nearby by city they tested at a nursing home in which, if you test positive they keep testing daily to monitor. They had five positives the first day and the 2nd day all were negative. To which they were told, we do end up with a lot of false positives.

I'm not saying these things to change anyones minds or to take some sort of stand. Just wanted to share some true, factual events as those certainly are more valuable than just sharing my opinion.

Obviously, this is a small sample size so I don't mean to say this is the case everywhere.

Without question we will know more in about a week after all of these protests and large gatherings. If there isn't some insanely drastic spike I think we all have all the info we need. (Thats my opinion portion of this post, haha)

Comment

[QUOTE=DapperDan;n511253]

The original claim said "zero danger," not "zero deaths." Furthermore your information is only from Minnesota, I'd like to see a nationwide or worldwide survey. Then maybe I'll concede to you on that point.

Danger means more than just death. Long term health effects, perhaps? I personally can't afford to take two weeks off of work for more reasons than just financial, so I'd rather not get sick. ~42% of United States adults are obese. Probably slightly less for those in their 20's, admittedly but an adult getting coronavirus is also quite likely to be obese. It's not just some "underlying condition" that a handful of people have, it's something a significant portion of the population have. I am overweight, unfortunately - I'm not excluded from my claim, and yes it is my own fault.

Lastly, most people whining about the COVID shutdowns didn't care about the bolded beforehand - and they won't after. Standing on the graves of suicide victims to get a haircut is pretty low, but I wouldn't expect anything less from about half of the country.

Comment

On the flipside, nursing homes who do experience significant losses could shut down. Around here, they employ a significant portion of the population because our population is so old. Hypothetically, if they were to shutdown, it would devastate the local economy. A few hundred people would be without work and would most likely have to move, and those that need the service wouldn't be able to get it.

But that side of things is conveniently forgotten about - because being able to eat a cheeseburger in a McDonald's matters more than people's lives I guess.
                                Last edited by SW_Mustang; 06-02-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X