Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

I sure hope so. It was bad enough to go through spring without sports, and now the same for summer. If we have a fall without sports it will really suck.

Comment

One of my friends is going south across the border tonight to umpire a game between two Minnesota baseball teams in Iowa, where things have opened up. Reminds me of the days when people made runs across the border to buy oleomargarine in the 1960s.

Comment

One of my friends is going south across the border tonight to umpire a game between two Minnesota baseball teams in Iowa, where things have opened up. Reminds me of the days when people made runs across the border to buy oleomargarine in the 1960s.
        Still have to cross the state border for good fireworks. You know you've just crossed the border into South Dakota when you see a large fireworks stand and nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Still have to cross the state border for good fireworks. You know you've just crossed the border into South Dakota when you see a large fireworks stand and nothing else.
          My brother made that run several times. The last time that I bought fireworks was in Missouri in 2009 coming back from a Twins- Royals game in KC. Ate breakfast at some place along Interstate 35- the Choo Choo or something like that. Waitress told me to stop at the next town- I think it was her nephew who worked there.

Comment

My brother made that run several times. The last time that I bought fireworks was in Missouri in 2009 coming back from a Twins- Royals game in KC. Ate breakfast at some place along Interstate 35- the Choo Choo or something like that. Waitress told me to stop at the next town- I think it was her nephew who worked there.
            I was out exploring one day and found myself in the middle of metro Canby. They'd just finished up some kind of parade, and the biggest, flashiest float was for a fireworks stand just across the border. I continued onward to Clear Lake and I found the stand. It was at some divide in the road, nothing else near it. It was a pretty nice building too from what I recall, not some random converted barn or old shack. Ever since then I keep an eye out for those stands when I head west.

Comment

Originally posted by BSUDad View Post
              Ok how about back to football? Those of you 8n Minnesota do you think the state will give them the green light soon? Son is itching to get going.
              Nothing official either way. The state is slowly starting to open up, but there's always the possibility they shut it right back down again.

The two state schools I follow are both planning on having students on campus in the fall, albeit not at full capacity - so anything is possible.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X