Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all sports are cancelled.....

The undefeated UIU Peacocks take on that little school down the road in Iowa City tonight: https://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...ports-20200324 e-sports are alive and well and the Peacocks are flying high :) I guess it gives me a little bit of a fix.....kinda, sorta, someone help me out here.....

I sense certain members will be joining us shortly to voice their displeasure. That oughta be fun. Anyway, it's something at least! The pros have suspended all in-person tournaments, moving all competition online. And look at the brightside - it's keeping NASCAR drivers with something to do! https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...-sports-world/

Comment

And the Korean Professional Baseball League has called their players back and are starting training. We will have to see if one of the sports networks here in the US pick up any of their games to fill programming.

From the Lotte Giants:

Lotte Giants of the KBO have announced that they will be broadcasting scrimmages live (starting at 9:40 PM central time). The games will be on their youtube channel, so no subscriptions needed.

The dates remaining are today, the 25th, the 27th and the 29th.

https://www.twinkietown.com/2020/3/2...-normal-please
      Millsy

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger but the President did state that he is opening up the country in two weeks and letting governors decide on how to proceed. The dialogue is changing to help our most vulnerable be safe and continue to stimulate the economy. At the present moment there are 16,000 deaths globally. Mark Cuban owner of the Mavericks stated he anticipates a mid may return. With all the layoffs all it takes is one mortgage payment to come out and people seeing that the majority of the virus gives mild symptoms there will be some antsy people. I have sympathy with people who experience the virus but I have a feeling things will be rolling in a few weeks. Interesting read below,

https://thespun.com/sec/florida/coll...cf-danny-white

Comment

Did anyone else watch ESPN 2 over the weekend? Found myself watching the World Tram Driver Championships and the Tetris championships. Tetris was honestly a lot of fun to watch and sure enough a 16 year old kid won it all.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
            Did anyone else watch ESPN 2 over the weekend? Found myself watching the World Tram Driver Championships and the Tetris championships. Tetris was honestly a lot of fun to watch and sure enough a 16 year old kid won it all.
            World Juggling Championship and some game played with a soccer ball/volleyball and a ping pong table. The players could only use their head to play. They also had a stone skipping competition on, but I missed that.
            Millsy

Comment

To my knowledge, the United States Lawn Mower Racing Association is still active.

Comment

I know Concordia St. Paul has added esports to the roster. Go Golden Bears! Wipe off the cheeto fingers and get it!

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticSportReport View Post
                  I know Concordia St. Paul has added esports to the roster. Go Golden Bears! Wipe off the cheeto fingers and get it!
                  Yup! CSP and UIU currently, SMSU will be joining them next season.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yup! CSP and UIU currently, SMSU will be joining them next season.
                    I grew up liking video games and it clearly seems to have a niche following where Youtubers make a living playing games and posting highlights. I don't really get it, but I'm happy that Concordia St. Paul is getting in at the ground level, because college kids seem to care. I think it's good for CU.

Comment

I grew up liking video games and it clearly seems to have a niche following where Youtubers make a living playing games and posting highlights. I don't really get it, but I'm happy that Concordia St. Paul is getting in at the ground level, because college kids seem to care. I think it's good for CU.
                      It's really just another form of mindless entertainment. I can't say I ever really got into that side of things myself. If I watched someone playing games online, it's because they were probably on a pro roster somewhere.

Best way I can explain the "entertainment" side of YouTube gaming - viewers latch onto a personality they like, typically someone who plays a game that they like. Kinda like what FS1 is doing with these virtual races...

But yeah, colleges are slowly adopting programs. A lot of administrations aren't really clued into it, so the ones on the ground level will be the most successful, at least until the bigger schools come around. UC-Irvine's program is really impressive, and SD Mines is even working it into their academic offerings.

Comment

WSC announced an eSports program last year. Program will launch in fall of 2020. They also already have a conference home, the ECAC.

https://www.wsc.edu/esports

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                          To my knowledge, the United States Lawn Mower Racing Association is still active.
                          As is the Cornhole League. Not sure what they call it but I did watch a few minutes recently...from the gutter.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

As is the Cornhole League. Not sure what they call it but I did watch a few minutes recently...from the gutter.
                            I'd heard they'd shut down as well, maybe they found a way to start back up again.

Comment

Schools, as well as sports, are shut down in Minnesota for the rest of the school year. Distance learning remains.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X