Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Draft is approaching! Any NSIC pro hopefuls this year?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft is approaching! Any NSIC pro hopefuls this year?

I was looking for a thread about pro hopefuls from the NSIC this year but I didn't see one. Are there any guys that might get drafted or signed as a free agent?

Originally posted by ApatheticSportReport View Post
    I was looking for a thread about pro hopefuls from the NSIC this year but I didn't see one. Are there any guys that might get drafted or signed as a free agent?

Comment

Do we have any word of NSIC guys signing free agent contracts?

Comment

Looks like Jake Lacina signed a free agent deal: https://www.twincities.com/2020/04/2...-to-make-team/

Comment

Lacina is currently the only guy to sign a UDFA. As laker said, the pandemic really destroyed the chances of non-FBS guys.

My hope is that some of these guys can land in the CFL or something and try again after a season or two. Zylstra really boggles the mind though, not sure why he can't get a chance anywhere.

Comment

I don't know Nate or his situation personally, but he did tweet something along the lines of wanting a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Lacina is currently the only guy to sign a UDFA. As laker said, the pandemic really destroyed the chances of non-FBS guys.

My hope is that some of these guys can land in the CFL or something and try again after a season or two. Zylstra really boggles the mind though, not sure why he can't get a chance anywhere.

Comment

I think quickness or being "twitchy", as mentioned, would be the knock on him..as his frame is nearly TE-ish..but I have a feeling that since there's no rush to get in-front of teams that Shane might have more than one option....as there was still a pretty good buzz about him and he performed against any and all opponents he saw during his college career. I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't in camp with a team come the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                  I think quickness or being "twitchy", as mentioned, would be the knock on him..as his frame is nearly TE-ish..but I have a feeling that since there's no rush to get in-front of teams that Shane might have more than one option....as there was still a pretty good buzz about him and he performed against any and all opponents he saw during his college career. I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't in camp with a team come the fall.
                  He said he'd go to TE if it meant being on an NFL roster, at least from what I've read.

I haven't followed D2 for that long in comparison, but he's easily been the most hyped pro-prospect during my time. I wasn't surprised to see him miss the draft, but not getting a UDFA kind of surprised me, especially since it was reported that a bunch of teams looked into him. That's all.

I've only seen him play 3 times, but I'd agree - he seems to have good hands, but wasn't necessarily the best runner. In any case, I still hope the best for him. There's always the CFL route his brother took too, so who knows.

Comment

Comment

Former Maverick Evan Heim signs with the Detroit Lions according to his Facebook page. Congrats and well deserved!

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

MSU Mankato has been one of the best D2 programs the last decade and nobody has gotten drafted. Meanwhile CSP is a average program that has gotten 2 players drafted the last decade. Go figure!!
                        Good for him. Would've though there'd be more reaction.

Comment

I'll say this about Chris Garrett - not only is he one of the greatest lineman in D2 history, he was also single-handedly the most frustrating opposing player I've ever watched. The dude was an absolute monster on the field - and as I'm hearing, a really great person off of it.

Diamonds had him ranked as the #2 D2 prospect behind the Minnesota Vikings' Zach Davidson from UCM.

Top 10 Division II Prospects for the 2021 NFL Draft presented by DraftGuy Jimmy (nfldraftdiamonds.com)

This image will forever haunt me as a Mustang fan...

Comment

I wish him luck but I don't see it unless he packs on weight and works very hard. The better teams didn't have much trouble with him,. 3 tackles versus Augie/ no sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post
                              I wish him luck but I don't see it unless he packs on weight and works very hard. The better teams didn't have much trouble with him,. 3 tackles versus Augie/ no sacks.
                              Nobody sacks Augie because there whole game is 3 step and RPO. They rarely do 5 step and when they do they max protect with 7+. Also, how do you know that those better teams didn't assign 2 or 3 guys to keep an eye on him- or make sure he wasn't one on one with anyone? The guy was the best pass rusher in D2 football.

How about a little excitement for the young man and spare us your diagnosis of what you think his career will be- as if your GM in the League. Somebody that makes a lot of money to do that job thought he was good enough to Draft him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X