Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you all holding up so far NSIC posters?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you all holding up so far NSIC posters?

The biggest thing that I haven't gotten done is file my income tax. Since I do it 40 miles away I'm hoping to get that done now that things are opening up.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      The biggest thing that I haven't gotten done is file my income tax. Since I do it 40 miles away I'm hoping to get that done now that things are opening up.
      I'm not going to answer this fully as much as I'd like to because it will stir too much up...so unless requested I'll leave it as we are fine, healthy, both working as we did before and other than we can't go to a restaurant nothing seems to have changed much.

Comment

I hope all is well. Both working, both golfing, status quo here. Making sure we protect our most vulnerable, our parents and thats about it. All SEC teams have stated they will be playing this fall. I am a big history buff, in 1918 the schools that feared the Spanish flu and did not play ended up closing their institution. Schools that played during the pandemic came out stronger, I think history will repeat itself to an extent. Below is a picture of Georgia Tech fans watching a game during the pandemic.

??????

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	507368

Comment

We are hanging in there. Both of us are still employed, but with two jobs and two kids doing school work, the internet here has taken a beating. We have gotten creative with two of us working on the internet and then the kiddos working off of our phones' hot spots. Thankfully my wife works for as a network engineer for a cellular provider, so we get great service and rates!

The biggest change has been the slowing down of life, which is probably a good thing. My son has had to miss two spring hockey tournaments with his off season team, and it is still up in the air whether or not there will be any type of youth baseball season here (it is an in house league at his age yet). If things get back to somewhat normal, August will be busy as he will end up with three hockey tournaments that month instead of just the one originally scheduled. We are doing our best to support the local restaurants with getting take out every Friday.
            Millsy

Comment

It's been going well. Fully employed, nobody sick. Reported cases haven't hit us too hard here, but I'm still trying to take it somewhat seriously. I've also used the opportunity to double down on savings since I can't really do anything I'd normally do.

Took 10 credits through MSU this semester and through all the chaos I got the 4.0 I was looking for, so that's nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                It's been going well. Fully employed, nobody sick. Reported cases haven't hit us too hard here, but I'm still trying to take it somewhat seriously. I've also used the opportunity to double down on savings since I can't really do anything I'd normally do.

Took 10 credits through MSU this semester and through all the chaos I got the 4.0 I was looking for, so that's nice too.

Comment

This means that you made the Dean Wormer's list! Congratulations!

Comment

Just got a call from the dentist in Mankato. My appointment from two months ago was put off until May 28th, but I told them years ago that if they ever had a cancellation that they should give me a call and I could fill in. So here comes the seventy mile trip to Mankato to get there by 2 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

This means that you made the Dean Wormer's list! Congratulations!
                      Animal House!

Comment

Aside from eating out once every Friday, I've cut everything down to the bare essentials. I can get by on about $5 in gas a week. If the golf cart worked, I'd honestly just drive that everyday.

I'm piling it all into savings. My goal is roughly a year's worth of basic, measurable expenses so I can move out. I should get there by next Friday, but the pandemic is going to make it hard to move, so I plan to sit tight for another couple of months, maybe reevaluate my position a little bit and start paying down the student loans early.

Comment

Animal House!
                          Trivia- Verna Bloom, who played Dean Wormer's wife who has sex with Otter, also played the hotel keeper's wife who has sex with Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter.

Comment

Aside from eating out once every Friday, I've cut everything down to the bare essentials. I can get by on about $5 in gas a week. If the golf cart worked, I'd honestly just drive that everyday.

I'm piling it all into savings. My goal is roughly a year's worth of basic, measurable expenses so I can move out. I should get there by next Friday, but the pandemic is going to make it hard to move, so I plan to sit tight for another couple of months, maybe reevaluate my position a little bit and start paying down the student loans early.

Comment

Is that for all of them? I checked in on it a week or so ago and it looked like they were still accruing interest, if rates are 0% I might have to get on that a little faster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X