Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

At old Midway Stadium in St. Paul it wasn't unheard of that a home run ball at a Saints game would find its way into a coal car.
    "TRAIN!"

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

At old Midway Stadium in St. Paul it wasn't unheard of that a home run ball at a Saints game would find its way into a coal car.
      Been there several times. They had some firefighter's training tower beyond right field if I remember correctly. The pig bringing baseballs to the ump was great. I haven't been to the new field yet.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Been there several times. They had some firefighter's training tower beyond right field if I remember correctly. The pig bringing baseballs to the ump was great. I haven't been to the new field yet.
        You can kinda see it in the outfield here. They used to hang a sign on it, I don't remember what it said.

One last hurrah at Midway Stadium | Ballpark Digest

Definitely an "ugly duck" stadium, but not a bad place to kill an afternoon watching baseball. I haven't been up to the new stadium either.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

You can kinda see it in the outfield here. They used to hang a sign on it, I don't remember what it said.

One last hurrah at Midway Stadium | Ballpark Digest

Definitely an "ugly duck" stadium, but not a bad place to kill an afternoon watching baseball. I haven't been up to the new stadium either.
          The new stadium is a gem. The old one was a dump but they made the best of it. I appraised it for the City of St. Paul so toured the whole thing, what there was of it. It was built for youth sports. The locker rooms each had about half a dozen showers that were set at a height where an adult had to practically bathe on their knees. It was actually a replacement for one that used to be on the other side of Snelling Avenue. The Vikings used that one for their in-season practice facility (when they weren't practicing in the parking lot of Met Stadium) during the Bud years. The good old days. How times have changed.

Comment

Turf is done and looking good.
            https://twitter.com/FieldTurf/status...617100801?s=20

Comment

Former WSU receiver goes viral asking his brother to be his bestman.

https://twitter.com/KeepItClaussy/st...486464003?s=20
              Last edited by WSUWarriorFan; 08-17-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Don't know how they came to this conclusion but who am I to argue.

https://twitter.com/BigGameBoomer/st...804027399?s=20
                Last edited by WSUWarriorFan; 09-20-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X