X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC "Network"..

This popped up yesterday from Twitter.

The NSIC has entered into a partnership with @BlueFrameTech
    BlueFrame will partner with the NSIC and its 16 member institutions to launch the #NSICNetwork, an end-to-end digital network available for TV and mobile devices.

https://northernsun.org/news/2020/6/...c-network.aspx

BlueFrame also carries the MIAA, which was been a pay-per-view setup. I'm kinda expecting that here but there hasn't been a reply by the league on twitter when someone asked shortly after they posted this news. With challenges getting gate from COVID attendance situation, you could see if they did look to recoup a bit this way.

I've sent an inquiry to Erin Lind at the NSIC office. I will reply when I get word back.

Interesting. So am I to assume this is going to replace Stretch Internet for the streaming of the games?

Comment

Dang....I really liked Stretch

Comment

I wonder how many people they are expecting to tune in to each game.

Comment

Anyone have a general idea of how much per game this would cost; assuming they charge as they do with the MIAA?

Comment

No reply yet fellas...but I think the MIAA does like $70 for a football pass, for the league. If MIAA peeps see this, plz reply. I'm fully assuming this is the direction this is heading, but still waiting for official word. It's my take this will replace Stretch, and I gotta say I'm not gonna mind that..as they had some reliability issues seemingly, however host sites were often part of the problem with broadcasts also. This might lead to more school-specific coaches shows and other such video....let's hope so. Right now that type of thing is scattered on youtube and not on the NSIC app.

Comment

Once Stretch came out with the Roku, AppleTV, etc apps I really never had a big issue with them. Most issues were on the individual schools.... Maybe some MIAA folk can chime in here but I seem to remember a fair amount of complaints? Cost of course, but also the platform. Guess we'll see
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Got a reply back from league commish Erin Lind..

No charge for the service, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

First hit is always free.

Comment

I'd pay as long as it comes with a new team covering the games

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                        I'd pay as long as it comes with a new team covering the games

Comment

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the actual coverage of the games won't change significantly in any way. I'm sure it will still be on the schools to provide the feed and commentary. Maybe there will be some minimum requirements that need to be met to ensure some quality but I doubt it will change much. The article does say it will come with some software for the schools to help produce the games (replay, graphics, etc) but most schools were already doing that. I never really had any issues with Stretch. This seems like a way to monetize the games, which honestly we all had to know was coming at some point. I think you can get an MIAA football or basketball pass as Witt mentioned for like $70 and I think the all season pass for everything is between $100 and $150. I'd be surprised remains free for very long (even including this first season).

Comment

I don't have much interest in paying unless the broadcast quality increases. Normally I'm pretty silent on the production teams because I'm not paying for the games and most schools are doing they best that they can, but not if I'm paying for it. Seeing as how we live in a time when the average teenager can run a "decent looking" online stream, I don't see why our institutions can't. I know it's an apples to oranges comparison in some regards, but I think they can do better.

Comment

While having it free is nice, I could deal with the costs if they are at or near mentioned previously. The cost of a round trip to the nearest opponent would be around $70 just for one game; going by federal mileage calculations. (From my location). I try to make as many home games as possible; unless work demands interfere.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X