Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get that some of the local announcing teams can be over-the-top, but for me, that's part of the fun in listening to "small college" sports. I'd much rather have some of the personalities in the NSIC than the stuff you often see on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

I get that some of the local announcing teams can be over-the-top, but for me, that's part of the fun in listening to "small college" sports. I'd much rather have some of the personalities in the NSIC than the stuff you often see on ESPN.

Comment

Not a bad price for good service.

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
          Not a bad price for good service.
          This is the $64,000 question. If the streams are great, the content increased, this could be worthwhile. A quick scroll through the MIAA Network shows lots of MIAA Classics (pandemic programming of course), links to all the press conferences, etc. Or it could just be a way for the conference and schools to outsource all the headaches/costs of running Stretch. Idk.

Living away from SF and not being able to attend any games, I can rationalize the cost. Would love to see a student discount, young alumni discount, etc. however to build an audience instead of losing notorious tightwads once it goes to a pay model. For students at D2 schools not are typically not used to paying for tickets, I'd think you lose eyeballs for road games if a kid doesn't want to shell out over $100 bucks to watch their friends and classmates. Schools could perhaps package this with their booster club memberships?

MIAA 2019-2020 costs for comparisons:

2019-2020 PPV Subscription Rates
          ???????
          Single Day Pass $10.00
          Volleyball Season Pass $50.00
          Football Season Pass $75.00
          Men's Basketball Season Pass $75.00
          Women's Basketball Season Pass $75.00
          All-Access Pass $125.00*

* Beginning today through Friday, August 30, The MIAA Network is offering a special preseason price of $110.00 for the All-Access Pass. The All-Access Pass gets you all of the PPV sports for the entire regular season.
          **All purchases will require a nominal handling fee.

http://themiaa.com/news/2019/8/14/ba...2019-2020.aspx
          Last edited by Otis Day; 06-15-2020, 09:41 AM.
          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Good info on the pricing....seems to go along with what we've heard in the past from the MIAA. I've seen MIAA broadcasts in the past and they are put-on by the schools themselves no different than we currently see in the NSIC. I'd guess this new deal will offer a few more bells and whistles, and maybe an effort to get all schools up to a baseline production value instead of some looking like watching a game on a VCR tape from 5,000 feet away. In the past schools have always been about "we want fans at the game", instead of being overly concerned about the production quality of a free service that helps people not attend games. If/when this goes $$, I don't think it's unfair for a better product to be expected by NSIC users. Some schools already have really strong production.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
              Good info on the pricing....seems to go along with what we've heard in the past from the MIAA. I've seen MIAA broadcasts in the past and they are put-on by the schools themselves no different than we currently see in the NSIC. I'd guess this new deal will offer a few more bells and whistles, and maybe an effort to get all schools up to a baseline production value instead of some looking like watching a game on a VCR tape from 5,000 feet away. In the past schools have always been about "we want fans at the game", instead of being overly concerned about the production quality of a free service that helps people not attend games. If/when this goes $$, I don't think it's unfair for a better product to be expected by NSIC users. Some schools already have really strong production.
              Moorhead's production is top notch. Probably the best in the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                Sometimes the announcers were a bit egregious, but aside from that I really had no reason to complain over a free broadcast. Even if the announcers were annoying, there's always the mute button.

Any plans to utilize ad-revenue with the new streams? I'd be cool with it personally, more money for the schools.

Comment

RMAC guy jumping in here. You know what would be nice on the streams? Allowing you to pick home/away announcers. It would be nice if you got to hear your announcers. Although it was really awesome to listen to the Sam Houston guys losing their minds during media timeouts in 2014 when CSU Pueblo went down there and kicked their teeth in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Plus Steve d'Eustachio remains the best announcer in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Moorhead has great production. CSP is pretty good, too. SCSU has a really good set up and it's fully student-run (not sure if the others are). I really enjoy the local flavor of the broadcasts. I would be willing to pay a price, but having the games free has made it easy to stay connected.

Comment

Agree on Moorhead. Best all around, from production to announcing. I would throw Winona into the discussion as well. Pretty professional outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Plus Steve d'Eustachio remains the best announcer in the league.
                          Puke

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Comment

This is just my opinion, but these broadcasts should be approached as professionally as possible. I once watched a game against a school who shall not be named and the announcers were anything but professional. I don't mind bias, I don't mind rooting for the home team - but be respectful of the opponents at the very least.

Said broadcast was anything but, especially in the closing minutes when it was apparent who was going to win. It was like listening to a middle schooler try to put down a classmate. It was more embarrassing than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

This is just my opinion, but these broadcasts should be approached as professionally as possible. I once watched a game against a school who shall not be named and the announcers were anything but professional. I don't mind bias, I don't mind rooting for the home team - but be respectful of the opponents at the very least.

Said broadcast was anything but, especially in the closing minutes when it was apparent who was going to win. It was like listening to a middle schooler try to put down a classmate. It was more embarrassing than anything.
                                I can think of two schools where I've seen this happen on their broadcast. I agree, the announcers embarrassed themselves.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X