Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: MLB Draft - Max Meyer Drafted #3 overall + NSIC notes

There's not much happening in the world of football right now, so I figured I'd share some local baseball news.

Max Meyer:

Woodbury HS and University of Minnesota pitcher Max Meyer was drafted 3rd overall last night by the Miami Marlins. He joins David Globig (1976) and Paul Molitor (1977) as the highest drafted Gophers ever. The last Gopher to be taken in the first round was Mike Kvasnicka in 2010, although he was a supplemental pick. The only other Minnesotan taken higher in the draft was of course Joe Mauer in 2001.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...l-in-mlb-draft

NSIC:

Given the new structure of the MLB draft, it's highly unlikely that we will see anybody selected from the NSIC for the foreseeable future. Teams are allowed to sign an unlimited amount of players after the draft for $20,000 each. Given how a hypothetical 6th rounder would be worth upwards of $300,000 and a hypothetical 10th rounder would clock in around $140,000 - this represents a massive pay cut many players can't afford to take, but I digress.

That all being said, SCSU does have two players listed on the board, pitchers Mathew Osterberg and Trevor Koenig.

Marlins got a stud. He had the best overall stuff in the draft IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Trevor Koenig.
      This man has to be an absolute stud.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

This man has to be an absolute stud.
        It's the chocolate milk.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...