Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Sioux Falls Cougars 2019

Signing day seems like as good of day as any to make the new thread for the coming season...

I'm not a big follower of recruiting, especially at this level. Too many variables, not enough information for a lot of guys who frankly, won't pan out. But it's wet and rainy today and I don't wanna start my new project just yet so here's a quick breakdown of the Coo's 2019 class. USF signs 30 today....

I do enjoy seeing where kids come from, by state:
    8 from Minnesota, 5 from Wisconsin, 4 from South Dakota, 3 from Illinois, 2 each from California/Nebraska/Arizona, and 1 each from Florida/Iowa/Colorado/Texas.

4 JuCo guys and one SMSU transfer (looks like he redshirted last year. Any thoughts Mustang fans?), rest HS guys. Good to see.

By position... Fairly even split on offense and defense. Nice to see lots of lineman. Can never have enough. Some decent size on the OL especially.
    Offense: 4 offensive lineman, 1 quarterback, 5 wide receivers, 3 running backs, and 3 tight ends
    Defense: 7 defensive linemen, 5 defensive backs, 2 linebackers
    and 1 kicker/punter.

We got a kicker. This pleases me. Coaching staff is at least acknowledging it. Is he better than what we got? No idea, but I'd think anyone at this point is an upgrade.

https://usfcougars.com/news/2019/2/5...-for-2019.aspx

Hopefully Tundra can attend the Signing Day party tonight and fill me in on all the details/intangibles/fluff I'm missing from the press release
    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Re: University of Sioux Falls Cougars 2019

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
    Hopefully Tundra can attend the Signing Day party tonight and fill me in on all the details/intangibles/fluff I'm missing from the press release
    Planning on going again this year. Hopefully I can remember details. :)

Comment

BIG shoutout to Trey Pipkins for being invited to the 2019 NFL combine. Guy crushed it at the East/West Shrine game a few weeks back. Projected mid-round draft pick. Keep up the hard work Trey.

Oh... Apparently USF is still in the GPAC according to the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participa...edium=referral
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
        BIG shoutout to Trey Pipkins for being invited to the 2019 NFL combine. Guy crushed it at the East/West Shrine game a few weeks back. Projected mid-round draft pick. Keep up the hard work Trey
        That's pretty awesome

Comment

Nice to see a NSIC guy from USF sandwiched between two SEC dudes.

Comment

Slightly off-topic but wanted to note that former Coo OL coach and OC Ryan Grubb was named OC of Fresno State last night.... Coach Grubb was a big part of the NAIA title years with his OL work and after Deboer started his coaching climb Grubb became the OC before moving up himself... Sucks losing these guys at the time (i.e Tremain Jackson as well) but its always cool to see them maintain their success at higher levels. Good luck Coach.
            2016 NSIC Champions
            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Trey Pipkins having his moment in the sun today at the NFL Combine. Kid looked good! Love to see the Coo and D2 getting some national attention. Looking forward to seeing where Trey ends up.....

The USF football twitter page has clips of all his drills: https://twitter.com/USFCooFootball

And here are some of his measurables: 40 Yard Dash 5.12 seconds... Vertical Jump 33.5 inches....
              https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trey-p...8-051341a4a8d1
              The NFL link above makes it easy to follow along with his results and compare them to the other OL

Hope to update later this weekend with his final results and see how teams viewed him. Early reports from some quick Twitter scouring shows he's turning heads.

Finally if anyone is a subscriber to the Athletic, they had a great writeup today on Trey. Some quotes of note:

https://theathletic.com/845315/2019/...s-nfl-combine/
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Good for Trey. I'll be rooting for him, wherever he ends up.

Plus, I'll get to add him to my short list of NFL players I got to see pre-NFL, which currently stands at 2.

Comment

Little update from Trey's combine showing...

-Of approximately 55 OL Trey finished tied for second in the vertical, 12th in the 40, 6th in the broad jump, 7th in the 3-cone drill, 17th in the 20-yard dash.... His bench press was his only real let down, but will be attending SDSU's pro day and hopefully get that up.

-Formally interviewed with five teams and had informal contact with most of the rest of the league

Zimmer has a great recap here:
                  https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ne/3050864002/
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

KELO did a spot on Pipkin: USF's Trey Pipkins Prepares For The NFL Draft

Comment

https://www.keloland.com/sports/usf-...ice/1912634795

Keloland spot on "USF Improving Offense at Spring Practice." Let's hope we can get a little creativity and aggression into the call sheet.

USF plans to pick up the pace on offense this fall, keeping the defense on its toes.

"I play against them every day and I get to see how good they get and good they've gotten and they just keep improving. They keep adding new stuff to the offense, they keep it fresh for us. Last year we kind of got used to what we were doing but now they keep adding new stuff and we're just keeping everybody on they're toes," USF senior Tucker Stout said.

This is pleasing to my ears, but I'll believe it when I see it this fall.
                      2016 NSIC Champions
                      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Happy NFL draft day from the Music City... Lower broad has been a nightmare the past few weeks but it will be cool to see it all come together today...

Hoping to hear Pipkins' name called this weekend. Nice writeup by Dan in the athletic department on Trey's journey. For those wondering.. He's been projected as high as 4th round, and as low as the 7th. So Saturday would be the likely day to hear his name.

Good luck Trey! We're all rooting for you.

https://usfcougars.com/news/2019/4/2...bnVQZigId0U3R8
                        2016 NSIC Champions
                        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Just got drafted in the 3rd Rd

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                            Just got drafted in the 3rd Rd
                            Matt Zimmer
                            ?
                            Verified account

@argusmattz
                            2m2 minutes ago
                            More
                            Trey Pipkins is an LA Charger. Division II standout goes in the 3rd round after outstanding career for @USFCooFootball https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...rs/3596552002/

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X