Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Sioux Falls Cougars 2019

Congratulations to Trey and USF. He deserves much respect for staying with his teammates and school when he could have went the grad transfer route to a D1 school for more exposure. Trey is obviously a high character young man and hopefully he has a long and successful career.

Comment

Very nice. Wishin' him the best.

Comment

Nice interview with Pipkins about his draft experience:

https://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-tal...s-friendship/#

Comment

Good article on USF preparing for tonight's game at Concordia: https://www.keloland.com/keloland-co...-at-concordia/

Comment

Hopefully the OC opens the play book and spreads it around to the Sigg and the talented WRs

Comment

Comment

I heard hamstring.

Comment

Was mostly unable to watch and follow the game this past Saturday. After last Thursday's debacle that was likely better for my blood pressure anyway....

Very very pleased of the response of this team. Was unsure how they'd respond to getting punched in the mouth so early in the season.

The defense held WSU's Burke to 16-for-37 for 179 yards and three picks. Props to the O-line and offense for picking up the slack this week in Watson's absence. Perhaps Tundra can fill me in a little more on how they looked. And while the punt team was a disaster last week, 2/2 on FGs this week (including a 50 yarder!) gives me hope this can become an actual weapon for us. With the way Coach A likes to play offensively, having a viable kicker would be huge.

Lots of opportunities for big wins still remaining. The Mustangs always give us fits, and I enjoy our matchups with them. Can't be looking ahead to the short week and Thursday night Key to the City game.
                  4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                    Was mostly unable to watch and follow the game this past Saturday. After last Thursday's debacle that was likely better for my blood pressure anyway....

Very very pleased of the response of this team. Was unsure how they'd respond to getting punched in the mouth so early in the season.

The defense held WSU's Burke to 16-for-37 for 179 yards and three picks. Props to the O-line and offense for picking up the slack this week in Watson's absence. Perhaps Tundra can fill me in a little more on how they looked. And while the punt team was a disaster last week, 2/2 on FGs this week (including a 50 yarder!) gives me hope this can become an actual weapon for us. With the way Coach A likes to play offensively, having a viable kicker would be huge.

Lots of opportunities for big wins still remaining. The Mustangs always give us fits, and I enjoy our matchups with them. Can't be looking ahead to the short week and Thursday night Key to the City game.
                    Overall they looked like a different team than they did in week 1.

Defense was solid only gave up 6 points. The other touchdown Winona got was because the Coo fumbled the ball in the end zone and the Warrior D jumped on it. USF got three interceptions, including one in the end zone that was brought out on a 50 yard return.

Special teams looked a lot better. Punt protection was much improved (could it have gotten any worse?) Had some decent kick returns. Blocked an extra point, and stopped a 2 point conversion. The kicker went 4-4 on extra points, and 2-2 on field goals including one that was a 50 yarder. Can't ask any more than that.

Offense was without Watson for much of the game (he went down early on a non-carrying play grabbing his hamstring, and it didn't look good.) Thuro Reisdorfer did a great job filling in for him. He's not the same level of runner that Watson is, but he looked more than capable. The Coo wound up logging 220 yards of rushing against a pretty good WSU defense.

Walters threw one pick on the first possession of the game, but then settled down an played pretty well after that. Finished going 17-26 with 215 yards passing. Walters also made some plays with his feet. He's got some wheels when you get him in space. That's something that I don't recall seeing last year.

Sat next to former USF defensive end Mike Tolkamp during the first half. It was good catching up with him. I left the Bob feeling very pleased with the day.

Comment

Reisdorfer is a beast inside, he somehow gets 1-2 more yards out of nothing. Nieman's INT was huge as WSU was going to be up 7-0. He took it out of the end zone while we all yelled "take a knee"!! He dodge or juked 3 guys at the 5 yard line and returned it 51 yards. USF turned the pick into a 7-0 lead, basically at 10 to 14 point swing. You could feel it on the WSU sideline!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
                        Reisdorfer is a beast inside, he somehow gets 1-2 more yards out of nothing. Nieman's INT was huge as WSU was going to be up 7-0. He took it out of the end zone while we all yelled "take a knee"!! He dodge or juked 3 guys at the 5 yard line and returned it 51 yards. USF turned the pick into a 7-0 lead, basically at 10 to 14 point swing. You could feel it on the WSU sideline!!
                        LOL. I was right there with you yelling, "Take a knee!"

Comment

So is Watson close to returning or is he taking a Redshirt year?

Comment

MY bold prediction of the week. USF takes down UMD. Other the two mistake filled games, the Coo has played very well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X