Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.keloland.com/sports/naia...to-the-spring/

NAIA just moved back to Spring for Football. FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
      https://www.keloland.com/news/local-...ovid-19-cases/

If there's already infections during summer workouts and camps at NSIC schools..one would think providing an environment safe from the virus might very well be an uphill battle.

Great point Matt, Im an optimist realist, I think there is a chance the NSIC goes in the fall. Here is what will stop it, athletes start coming into town and socializing. If youve been talking to someone all summer and she asks you to check out a party late at night-you have to be thinking with the right head or the seasons cancelled. Discipline and a culture of coaching stressing the seriousness of the situation will make the season a go. UMary starts at home vs Winona, calling upset if the game goes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Oh, they have room for 11 man there. I remember the late Curt Sampson, the owner of Canterbury race track, paid for a screen to be set up in the west end zone so that PATs wouldn't hit his house.
          I met Curt once back in '06 in Fairfax. He pitched that game - must have been in his late '70s, early '80s. Bert Blyleven also pitched that night, as did Dana Kiecker. Quite the fun evening.

Anyway, I got Curt's autograph and I recently found it while cleaning out some stuff in my parent's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Great point Matt, Im an optimist realist, I think there is a chance the NSIC goes in the fall. Here is what will stop it, athletes start coming into town and socializing. If youve been talking to someone all summer and she asks you to check out a party late at night-you have to be thinking with the right head or the seasons cancelled. Discipline and a culture of coaching stressing the seriousness of the situation will make the season a go. UMary starts at home vs Winona, calling upset if the game goes.
            The greatest coach in the world is going to have a hard time getting the incoming freshman to see the bigger picture.

I can see the starters maybe taking it seriously, but the guys down the depth chart? Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
              https://www.keloland.com/sports/naia...to-the-spring/

NAIA just moved back to Spring for Football. FWIW.
              The playoffs moved to the spring. A conference can still play their schedule in the fall if they wish.

Comment

In case D2 football was moved to spring- it would be interesting to see some alternate venues for games in case the weather was too bad. I haven't done the mileage yet. That might change things. Try this list- or come up with your own.

UND- BSU & Minot
                NDSU- Mary, MSUM, NSU
                Vikings indoor practice facility- UMD, CSP

USD- AU, USF, WSC
                UNI- UIU
                Vikings indoor practice facility- MSU, SMSU, WSU

The new MSU bubble is pretty big. They didn't have any trouble hosting the regional for soccer last year. Maybe they could play football there- a soccer field is wider. If you are just going to play you don't have to worry about fans anyway. I'm not sure about the sizes of the various bubbles in the area- the ones that I know about aren't big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                  I saw BSU's "new" schedule. I thought they would at least play everyone in the north once, but UMary is off the schedule.

09/26 Augustana
                  10/3 Minot State
                  10/10 at Concordia-St. Paul
                  10/17 MSU-Moorhead
                  10/24 at Duluth
                  10/31 Southwest Minnesota State
                  11/07 at Northern State
                  11/14 at Sioux Falls
                  BSU has a lot of potential. UMary would have been an easy win but would not have helped BSU chances of making the postseason. With this schedule, they can go 7-1 and make the playoffs as long as the beat USF 11/14! IMO BSU has to beat USF then split Augie and UMD. They should handle the other teams in conference this season.

Comment

If the league fall season does happen, I wonder how attendance will fair? Have to believe big homecoming crowds will be diminished. At least us diehards will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                      If the league fall season does happen, I wonder how attendance will fair? Have to believe big homecoming crowds will be diminished. At least us diehards will be there.
                      Some places have a limit of 250 people. This means people, not fans. Put two teams plus coaches & game personnel & officials and you might be able to include a piccolo player. From what I have heard- if limits are 25% or even 50%, some schools won't allow visiting fans because they want to have their own!

I sure hope that the video works if we have fall ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandan View Post

The playoffs moved to the spring. A conference can still play their schedule in the fall if they wish.
                        The conferences in the NAIA that chose the Fall did so before the rest of the NAIA world moved to the Spring. I can't help but think they all moved to the Spring, now that championships will get played then...as there isn't a vaccine for the virus during the fall, but indications are likely there will be one by end of this year..pre-spring football. I have a feeling D2 will head that same direction.

Comment

The Minnesota State High School League just voted to move the football and volleyball seasons to March 15-May 15, while the other traditional fall sports stay in the fall.

Traditional spring sports will now be played May 15-July 15 next season.
                          Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            Winona State has postponed homecoming events until spring time, dates to be determined. https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...-canceled.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                              The Minnesota State High School League just voted to move the football and volleyball seasons to March 15-May 15, while the other traditional fall sports stay in the fall.

Traditional spring sports will now be played May 15-July 15 next season.
                              The baseball and softball coaches will welcome this change!! Iowa has always had those seasons in the summer (starting in May). Given the fun we always have up here with March/April/May baseball/softball will be interesting if they ever want to go back once they get a taste of good weather for those seasons!

Comment

All fall Division II championships have been canceled

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X