Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for a season preview... I was Almost done writing it up. Very unfortunate for those seniors to graduate this fall.....

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
      So much for a season preview... I was Almost done writing it up. Very unfortunate for those seniors to graduate this fall.....
      I'm still interested in the preview even if it's irrelevant! NSIC could still play a conference only schedule with no postseason. I've read for DII and DIII the NCAA is allowing players to gain (not lose season) a year of eligibility as long as they play less than 50% of their original schedule. If this is the case and the season is completely cancelled then I assume it would be up to each university. This was the case across all NCAA divisions for seniors in winter 2020 sports. The financial implications that come with granting an additional year to players in D2 would be challenging.

Comment

NSIC members and leaders supposedly will meet today to decide if they will play seasons this fall yet, split into the spring, or move some sports into the spring season.

Comment

I'm hearing that a cancellation for football this year is likely....due to the news of no championship. My hope is they push things back to March and play an 8 gamer after there should be a vaccine for COVID....in which teams play for a conference title.

Then the crazy side of me would love to see a pseudo midwest championship game between the NSIC and the MIAA....in like Vermillion (dome) or KC....something on I-29 area for ease of travel by both sides and such. I realize that's crazy football fan thinking..but I think it could be a low cost 9th game that had a big time feel to it.

They are meeting today..and I assume we will hear back either today or Monday..but I'm guessing the uncertainty with this virus, the lack of resources most D2 schools have for all the testing and timeliness of it...will be key factors....along with the concern for this virus to move quickly in the student body if kids are packed into classrooms.

Comment

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo..._medium=social

Mankato AD speaks about the decision yesterday..

Comment

Comment

Maybe it's been talked about elsewhere, but what happens if things get pushed to the spring when it comes to facility availability between teams? Or sports medicine coverage too? I think most schools have athletic trainers and other staff that cover multiple sports throughout the year, so are they competing/practicing concurrently, or are spring sports then getting pushed into summer to accommodate?

Comment

RMAC postpones all fall championships except for XC and golf to the spring.

Comment

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...relief-2020-21

The RMAC going to 5 games (round robin) in the Spring seems to go along with this release yesterday. This would make the Spring not a 8 game season for the RMAC (or others who go this direction) but it would basically offer a bolstered Spring session....which would give athletes something to look forward to this school year..if only 5 games. That said, it would also keep enrollment ok, seemingly, and justify paying coaches, while not hurting the student athlete. If you are a senior, this wouldn't be your ideal scenario....as you then might need to stay for another fall, and put your life on-hold.

It's an interesting idea..in a crazy year.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...relief-2020-21

The RMAC going to 5 games (round robin) in the Spring seems to go along with this release yesterday. This would make the Spring not a 8 game season for the RMAC (or others who go this direction) but it would basically offer a bolstered Spring session....which would give athletes something to look forward to this school year..if only 5 games. That said, it would also keep enrollment ok, seemingly, and justify paying coaches, while not hurting the student athlete. If you are a senior, this wouldn't be your ideal scenario....as you then might need to stay for another fall, and put your life on-hold.

It's an interesting idea..in a crazy year.
                      I hope NSIC goes this route if they don't surprise everyone and decide to play in Fall.

Comment

https://nsuwolves.com/news/2020/8/7/...tim-downs.aspx

Message from President Tim Downs and Athletic Director Josh Moon.

Comment

My hunch is that the NSIC will announce no football this Fall..and instead some sort of shortened Spring season or a flat our cancellation of football for the year. My guess would be Spring though. I think many leagues are trying to play a wait and see approach..and wanting other leagues to show their hand and then respond accordingly.

Comment

If we don't play in the fall we are not playing in the spring. Nothing is going to change. They will just keep moving the goalposts

Comment

Does anyone believe some NSIC universities are at risk of shutting down their football programs due to covid? If so, which ones? I imagine the financial impact will be felt for many years. At a minimum, I feel it will affect scholarships. If teams aren't forced to reduce number of scholarships, I can only imagine any plans of adding additional scholarships will be on hold.

Comment

Saw on Twitter that UMD has had to halt all on campus athletics because the university system said testing is mandatory to participate. Any word on this?

Also reported that UMDs chancellor is against sports this fall but that the conference as a whole is "super divided" on it. (Sam Ali)

Maybe we'll have our conference split sooner than we thought, haha.
                                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 08-10-2020, 02:17 PM. Reason: poorly worded, rushed message

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X