Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With no NSIC or Big 10 football for the fall how does everyone plan to fill the void? I'm lost for what to do with no home projects needed and no girlfriend/wife to drag me an apple orchid. I might actually start reading for pleasure which is a sentence I never thought I would say.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
      With no NSIC or Big 10 football for the fall how does everyone plan to fill the void? I'm lost for what to do with no home projects needed and no girlfriend/wife to drag me an apple orchid. I might actually start reading for pleasure which is a sentence I never thought I would say.
      I spent Friday morning looking at GPAC and NSAA schedules plus figuring out mileage from my place. From Winona Waldoft might be the closest action- it is for me, with Dordt & Northwestern of Iowa being next. As of now, I plan on seeing some new teams and new venues to add to my list. And if the weather is bad, I just don't go.

Comment

With no NSIC or Big 10 football for the fall how does everyone plan to fill the void? I'm lost for what to do with no home projects needed and no girlfriend/wife to drag me an apple orchid. I might actually start reading for pleasure which is a sentence I never thought I would say.
        I'll probably get my leaves raked up a lot sooner this year than I do most.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I spent Friday morning looking at GPAC and NSAA schedules plus figuring out mileage from my place. From Winona Waldoft might be the closest action- it is for me, with Dordt & Northwestern of Iowa being next. As of now, I plan on seeing some new teams and new venues to add to my list. And if the weather is bad, I just don't go.
          I'm guessing they are allowing fans then? Might have to look info driving to Waldorf sometime, going go need my fix of football. Thankfully I still have golf.

Comment

I'm guessing they are allowing fans then? Might have to look info driving to Waldorf sometime, going go need my fix of football. Thankfully I still have golf.
            I figure I will contact those schools when it gets closer to the season. No use to ask if they won't play. I don't think that the crowds would be that huge, except at Morningside, the defending NAIA champs.

I'll also have to check in about buying a cap at the places that I see a game at.

Comment

I've already moved on for the most part.

I have never played more golf it has been great.

I have sat on my deck and enjoyed life.

I have spent time with my kids.

I have hardly watched the Twins since they have been back. I miss it some, but not as much as I thought I might.

I have read more.

I think a great many NSIC schools are going to find out many like me have moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I have hardly watched the Twins since they have been back. I miss it some, but not as much as I thought I might.

I have read more.

I think a great many NSIC schools are going to find out many like me have moved on.
                And I had already accepted if basketball happened I would be watching from home as I am not going to sit inside for 3 hours and wear a mask. So we all know if there is any basketball, it will be mask required.

Comment

I have read more.

I have upped my daily walking from 4 to 10 miles. Problems with ingrown toenails or weather is the only thing that stops me from that.

Haven't watched one pitch of the Twins or any MLB, not one second of NBA, NHL or WNBA. And like you, I don't miss it.

I don't plan on going to the Twin Cities for any reason for at least several months- and probably not years.

I go through a lot more reading.

People make adjustments instead of just complaining. There is always plenty to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I have upped my daily walking from 4 to 10 miles. Problems with ingrown toenails or weather is the only thing that stops me from that.

Haven't watched one pitch of the Twins or any MLB, not one second of NBA, NHL or WNBA. And like you, I don't miss it.

I don't plan on going to the Twin Cities for any reason for at least several months- and probably not years.

I go through a lot more reading.

People make adjustments instead of just complaining. There is always plenty to do.
                    I started walking around my neighborhood in the morning, usually about 2.5 miles. It's a great way to start the mornin and listen to a podcast or audio book.

I started going back to the gym when they reopened but after the first two weeks it got packed again so I bought some dumbbells and a bench and will work out at home for a while.

Haven't been to La Crosse or Rocheater since February and was in St. Paul last in early march before every shut down. A tank of gas will last me close to a month now.

I've watched the NHL playoffs a little and have it enjoyed it the same with golf. Golf has gotten better since there hasn't been annoying fans yelling "get in the hole" or other dumb phrases after every shot.

Comment

I have read more.

The amount I golf hasn't changed for me but I know a lot of people who normally play a couple times a year play weekly now and the driving range near is more busy than normal. Lot of people saying its a great way to get some activity in while being safe. I bought a push cart last year and love it. Makes walking 18 holes a breeze.

Comment

The amount I golf hasn't changed for me but I know a lot of people who normally play a couple times a year play weekly now and the driving range near is more busy than normal. Lot of people saying its a great way to get some activity in while being safe. I bought a push cart last year and love it. Makes walking 18 holes a breeze.
                        Haven't played in the longest time but I wouldn't consider walking without a push cart. Makes the experience that much more enjoyable.

Comment

I have read more.

Most of the above, minus the golf (a good walk spoiled), but adding a few Twins games. They are good this year and I love the Randy Dobnak underdog success story, so it is hard for me not to pay attention. I've watched a few of their games, and listened to quite a few others in the truck or tractor. The NBA is minimally interesting to me and I haven't watched any.

While college football probably mostly won't happen I think the NFL still will. The owners have long considered the players more or less disposable anyway, and guys are lined up by the thousands for a chance to play. So be it.

But life with minimal sports has been ok, and arguably better. My team sport playing days are over, and I've found that I don't need to live vicariously by watching much younger athletes when I should be living my own life instead.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X