Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAIA Fall 2020

Some NAIA leagues are playing this fall- two in NSIC territory- the GPAC & the NSAA. Witt posted this on Twitter- it is a pre season top 16 ranking of teams, including former NCC team Morningside, the two time defending champions.

I plan on going to some of these games this fall- it should be interesting to see some new teams in new places.

http://www.victorysportsnetwork.com/...Bo8zhg.twitter

Laker, - Northwestern at Morningside 7pm, Sept 12th. M'side told me they're going with 60% capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
      Laker, - Northwestern at Morningside 7pm, Sept 12th. M'side told me they're going with 60% capacity.
      I was thinking about the doubleheader- Jamestown @ Briar Cliff (do they play on campus?) then the NW @ Morningside game. But if they are only going to let their own fans in.........

My other possibilities for that day are Valley City at Presentation, Waldorf at Mayville, or Dickenson St at Dakota St.

My closest games are Waldorf, Dakota State, Northwestern and Dordt. I've made a list of games & dates.

Comment

NAIA #1 Morningside scores the final 21 points to beat #10 Northwestern 45-31 to open the season. 30th straight win for Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
          NAIA #1 Morningside scores the final 21 points to beat #10 Northwestern 45-31 to open the season. 30th straight win for Mustangs
          I watched the last part of that on Twitter after I got home from Madison and the Dakota St v Dickinson St. Nice stadium. Good crowd. Got my cap. Good day.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I watched the last part of that on Twitter after I got home from Madison and the Dakota St v Dickinson St. Nice stadium. Good crowd. Got my cap. Good day.
            What's your cap count at currently?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

What's your cap count at currently?
              782. Now there are some duplicates. 444 colleges- D1-2-3, NAIA, JC. 204 pro caps- MLB, NBA, ABA, NHL, WHA, NFL. I'll need to pick up a Seattle Kraken cap.

For D1 I need a UT-Rio Grande Valley. I had one from UT- Pan American which merged with Brownsville to make UTRGV. And a new Long Island U one now that they combined with CW Post. Sharks is a cool nickname but Blackbirds was unique, they should have kept it.

Comment

782. Now there are some duplicates. 444 colleges- D1-2-3, NAIA, JC. 204 pro caps- MLB, NBA, ABA, NHL, WHA, NFL. I'll need to pick up a Seattle Kraken cap.

For D1 I need a UT-Rio Grande Valley. I had one from UT- Pan American which merged with Brownsville to make UTRGV. And a new Long Island U one now that they combined with CW Post. Sharks is a cool nickname but Blackbirds was unique, they should have kept it.
                Wow, that's impressive. Did you have to build another room or two in the house to keep display them all?

Comment

Wow, that's impressive. Did you have to build another room or two in the house to keep display them all?
                  Spare bedroom has an entire wall of D1 schools. Living room has the pro teams. My bedroom is for D2, D3, NAIA & JC. Things have been fairly stable lately- just expansion teams & new teams that I see in person. The occasional gift from people around the country who send me their school. Buffalo Chip sent me a West TX A&M hat- we were going to meet up in Sioux Falls when they were at the D2 men's tourney there- I was over visiting with the WTAM coaches and a parent of a former Winona player (sorry, can't remember his name but he was very friendly).

I just collect sports caps. I know guys who have thousands of others- fishing, hunting, implement dealers etc but I don't have the room or desire to do that.

Comment

Spare bedroom has an entire wall of D1 schools. Living room has the pro teams. My bedroom is for D2, D3, NAIA & JC. Things have been fairly stable lately- just expansion teams & new teams that I see in person. The occasional gift from people around the country who send me their school. Buffalo Chip sent me a West TX A&M hat- we were going to meet up in Sioux Falls when they were at the D2 men's tourney there- I was over visiting with the WTAM coaches and a parent of a former Winona player (sorry, can't remember his name but he was very friendly).

I just collect sports caps. I know guys who have thousands of others- fishing, hunting, implement dealers etc but I don't have the room or desire to do that.
                    Do you keep record of when you get each one or who got one for you?

Comment

Do you keep record of when you get each one or who got one for you?
                      Well, I do have a list of all the places that I have watched a game. The first time that I saw a game at WSU in 2006 when they hosted the regional. MSU beat Kearney after WSU beat South Dakota in OT after trailing late. The next night MSU had about a 15 point lead but lost late- there was a snowstorm coming in so I didn't go. Then WSU beat Northern and the rest is history. It is a pretty long list for football, soccer, basketball, hockey, baseball & softball.

Who gave me caps is more just memory. There are some people on here who have given them to me- not sure if they want to be acknowledged here or not.

Comment

Who gave me caps is more just memory. There are some people on here who have given them to me- not sure if they want to be acknowledged here or not.
                        I understand you want to keep your sources confidential haha. I have a buddy who collects bobbleheads and he must have a couple hundred of them from various college and pro games. Hes a huge Badger fan and has almost ever replica helmet they have ever used, takes up most of his man cave. When they Big Ten network first came out I think they had a show where a guy traveled around and visited people homes and looked at their memorabilia collections. The show always ended with the host purchasing something.

Comment

I understand you want to keep your sources confidential haha. I have a buddy who collects bobbleheads and he must have a couple hundred of them from various college and pro games. Hes a huge Badger fan and has almost ever replica helmet they have ever used, takes up most of his man cave. When they Big Ten network first came out I think they had a show where a guy traveled around and visited people homes and looked at their memorabilia collections. The show always ended with the host purchasing something.
                          Oh yes, I've seen that. Pretty interesting what people collect. I saw the Gophers play football at Iowa in 1989. Outside the stadium was a guy called the Pin Man. He sold Big 10 schools hat pins. I was just going to get the Iowa pins and ended up getting bunch of other schools. He gave me a Rose Bowl pin for free- said, "Some day you'll be going there!" Well, the Gophers have the BIG record for the longest drought so......

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0StZJuBRk

Highlights from MSide vs NW....I was really impressed with the quality of small college play I saw on Sat night. Both offenses were grabbing contested catches and both QB's extending plays and then having monster gains as a result. NW is a very good 2nd place GPAC team..and if their QB stays healthy, I think they could be a real tough out. MSide proved why they are a championship squad..gutting it out after being down 31-24 in the 3rd. Really well played contest..fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0StZJuBRk

Highlights from MSide vs NW....I was really impressed with the quality of small college play I saw on Sat night. Both offenses were grabbing contested catches and both QB's extending plays and then having monster gains as a result. NW is a very good 2nd place GPAC team..and if their QB stays healthy, I think they could be a real tough out. MSide proved why they are a championship squad..gutting it out after being down 31-24 in the 3rd. Really well played contest..fun to watch.
                              Shouldn't really come as a surprise, since most of the NSIC came from NAIA roots.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X