Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Went to the first half of the two time NAIA defending champ Morningside game at Dordt, then drove the 12 miles to Orange City and saw the second half of the Midland at Northwestern game. Should have stayed at Sioux Center- that went right down to the end while the Red Raiders won in a blowout. Morningside's tight end is a real horse.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    If the prediction holds that it will be at least 50 degrees and dry on Halloween I might repeat my trip to Dordt to see Morningside in the first half and then to Northwestern to see Midland (for the first time in any sport) on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

I've been to Sioux Falls. For a bunch of heathens, you've done a great job. Nice city!

Probably the most beautiful city park I've ever visited. Friendly town and an easy-to-navigate airport. Only thing wrong with SF's is that they closed Senor Weiner. :-)

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

But both thought they were "better" than us Baptist heathens in Sioux Falls.
    I've been to Sioux Falls. For a bunch of heathens, you've done a great job. Nice city!

Last edited by crixus; 10-20-2020, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Augie Skyhook
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1-05-Austin-Powers-in-Goldmember.png Views:	9 Size:	24.4 KB ID:	538844
    There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
    Last edited by Augie Skyhook; 10-20-2020, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    But both thought they were "better" than us Baptist heathens in Sioux Falls.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The Christian Reformed Church (CRC) split from the Reformed Church in America (then known as the Dutch Reformed Church) in an 1857 secession. This was rooted in part as a result of a theological dispute that originated in the Netherlands when Hendrik De Kok was deposed for his Calvinist convictions, leading there to the . For the CRC founders in America, the RCA at the time appeared to contain problems similar to the State Church in the old country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ..._North_America

Leave a comment:

• cougar1997
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Question for anyone. Both Dordt and Northwestern are church schools- the Christian Reformed Church. I know that the Lutherans had a whole bunch of branches but was wondering why there were two colleges so close together- 12 miles apart.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Went to Dordt first. Hit the bookstore for my cap and hat pin. Watched the first half- Defenders were up 27-6 over Doane at half when I took off for Northwestern. Red Raiders were up 13-0 at half when I got there- bookstore was closed due to break. Pretty good game- Northwestern scored late to put it away 31-19 after picking off a pass in their end zone. GPAC is just a more talented league than the North Star. Better QBs, they use their tight ends- just more impressive.

Question for anyone. Both Dordt and Northwestern are church schools- the Christian Reformed Church. I know that the Lutherans had a whole bunch of branches but was wondering why there were two colleges so close together- 12 miles apart.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I've seen all of the North Star teams at least once- now I'm trying to see the GPAC teams. Dordt & Northwestern are only 12 miles apart so I might spend a half at each place. Briar Cliff has had some strong restrictions on attendance and have has allowed no fans the last several contests.
    That would be kind of interesting. Go to one half at one game, leave at halftime, see the second half at another game. I guess small-town sports writers do that a lot, but it's still kinda neat.

I'd love to get out and see some small college football. Always an interesting atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The secret for-profit college in Iowa.

Seriously though, I'm a bit envious - no scheduled sporting events for me for at least 6 months at this point, unless something changes drastically.
    I've seen all of the North Star teams at least once- now I'm trying to see the GPAC teams. Dordt & Northwestern are only 12 miles apart so I might spend a half at each place. Briar Cliff has had some strong restrictions on attendance and have has allowed no fans the last several contests.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Saw my sixth North Star team today as Waldorf scored with ten seconds to go in the half to take the lead, then ran away in the second half 55=21 over Mayville. NIce drive, pretty trees and warm sunshine. Next week weather & health willing I'll split time between Dordt & Northwestern, both of whom host.

Yes, got my Waldorf cap.
    The secret for-profit college in Iowa.

Seriously though, I'm a bit envious - no scheduled sporting events for me for at least 6 months at this point, unless something changes drastically.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Saw my sixth North Star team today as Waldorf scored with ten seconds to go in the half to take the lead, then ran away in the second half 55=21 over Mayville. NIce drive, pretty trees and warm sunshine. Next week weather & health willing I'll split time between Dordt & Northwestern, both of whom host.

Yes, got my Waldorf cap.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
    Witt, you saw some good Red Raider teams. I think this is their best yet. Kooima at Qb is electric. Moser and Solberg are really good Wr's and the defense was tough tho they finally wore down late. Your thoughts?
    The NW offense these days is so much different than the ones from the 2000's etc. So much more explosive..and the QB now can throw it, which was sometimes a challenge for those Red Raider squads back when they were feuding with the Coo. Hard to say about the D just yet..as we are still just getting into the season. Those NW teams typically had a strong, not outstanding, D.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Millsy View Post
    I see Mayville State had to cancel this past weekend's game and this upcoming weekend's game due to COVID.
    Wow, I hadn't heard that! I know some other schools like Briar Cliff have had to do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X