Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millsy
    replied
    I see Mayville State had to cancel this past weekend's game and this upcoming weekend's game due to COVID.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Here are the possible games that I'd go to this weekend.

Concordia @ Briar Cliff at 1 I haven't seen BC play in any sport. I see that they play at Heelan's field off campus.

Dordt @ Dakota Wesleyan at 1 Furthest drive of the three.

Presentation @ Waldorf @ 1 I've seen both teams already. This should be the unsportsmanlike/taunting/late hit bowl. I think that Waldorf rolls. I'll wait to see Waldorf's stadium some other time.
    Just have to give a shout out to the worst playing surface of my career!! Worse than any HS field I encountered, Heelan's field was essentially concrete covered with dead grass.

During this game, a buddy planted his foot to block on PAT but the ground was so hard his cleats actually caught nothing and started sliding. We later would watch a 300lb man do the splits on the football field as the defense came into him. It was funny at the time but he actually ended up with a partially torn hamstring.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Here are the possible games that I'd go to this weekend.

Concordia @ Briar Cliff at 1 I haven't seen BC play in any sport. I see that they play at Heelan's field off campus.

Dordt @ Dakota Wesleyan at 1 Furthest drive of the three.

Presentation @ Waldorf @ 1 I've seen both teams already. This should be the unsportsmanlike/taunting/late hit bowl. I think that Waldorf rolls. I'll wait to see Waldorf's stadium some other time.

Leave a comment:

• badboyblynn
    replied
    Witt, you saw some good Red Raider teams. I think this is their best yet. Kooima at Qb is electric. Moser and Solberg are really good Wr's and the defense was tough tho they finally wore down late. Your thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

Matt, Do you think Morningside and NW could compete with middle of the conference NSIC programs (Bemidji, Northern, Moorehead, CSP...)?
    Yes, I do. Both teams have a very explosive offense and would give NSIC problems. But neither is playing shutdown D when facing other good NAIA teams. Morningside especially is just accustomed to winning (having not lost in the last few years) and plays with that expectation..where a lot of other teams hope to win. I do think either MSide or NW would struggle the line play/size/physicality against teams like USF and Mankato..but I think they'd be able to so just fine against the rest of the league but I don't know if they have the athletes across the board to beat squads like Winona and Augie. BSU is also very physical and would offer a challenge in that manner for certain. I like the chances for both (especially MSide) over the brunt of the conference though..but I do think those two are well ahead of the rest of the GPAC and all but a few NAIA squads.

Leave a comment:

• NSICFballFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0StZJuBRk

Highlights from MSide vs NW....I was really impressed with the quality of small college play I saw on Sat night. Both offenses were grabbing contested catches and both QB's extending plays and then having monster gains as a result. NW is a very good 2nd place GPAC team..and if their QB stays healthy, I think they could be a real tough out. MSide proved why they are a championship squad..gutting it out after being down 31-24 in the 3rd. Really well played contest..fun to watch.
    Matt, Do you think Morningside and NW could compete with middle of the conference NSIC programs (Bemidji, Northern, Moorehead, CSP...)?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    I continued my North Star tour with a double header. Valley City topped Waldorf 17-16, largely due to several late hits and unsportsmanlike calls against the Warriors. Playing is much more important than talking on the field. Beautiful day, nice setting down in the Valley and yes, I got a VCSU cap. Drove the backroads down to Aberdeen to see Presentation get pounded by Dakota State 42-0, including THREE pick sixes in the first half. At 28-0 I left to make the four hour drive home. Seems odd to watch them at Swisher Field where Northern plays. Saints defense isn't bad but their offense is.

My main reason for going to games is to watch football. However, I do miss bands and cheerleaders who do add to the game atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied

Highlights from MSide vs NW....I was really impressed with the quality of small college play I saw on Sat night. Both offenses were grabbing contested catches and both QB's extending plays and then having monster gains as a result. NW is a very good 2nd place GPAC team..and if their QB stays healthy, I think they could be a real tough out. MSide proved why they are a championship squad..gutting it out after being down 31-24 in the 3rd. Really well played contest..fun to watch.
    Wow the crowd was pretty big for that game. Didn't look like at all like Notre Dame on Saturday where every other row was empty and there were only 2-3 groups per row.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Shouldn't really come as a surprise, since most of the NSIC came from NAIA roots.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I understand you want to keep your sources confidential haha. I have a buddy who collects bobbleheads and he must have a couple hundred of them from various college and pro games. Hes a huge Badger fan and has almost ever replica helmet they have ever used, takes up most of his man cave. When they Big Ten network first came out I think they had a show where a guy traveled around and visited people homes and looked at their memorabilia collections. The show always ended with the host purchasing something.
    Oh yes, I've seen that. Pretty interesting what people collect. I saw the Gophers play football at Iowa in 1989. Outside the stadium was a guy called the Pin Man. He sold Big 10 schools hat pins. I was just going to get the Iowa pins and ended up getting bunch of other schools. He gave me a Rose Bowl pin for free- said, "Some day you'll be going there!" Well, the Gophers have the BIG record for the longest drought so......

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied

Who gave me caps is more just memory. There are some people on here who have given them to me- not sure if they want to be acknowledged here or not.
    I understand you want to keep your sources confidential haha. I have a buddy who collects bobbleheads and he must have a couple hundred of them from various college and pro games. Hes a huge Badger fan and has almost ever replica helmet they have ever used, takes up most of his man cave. When they Big Ten network first came out I think they had a show where a guy traveled around and visited people homes and looked at their memorabilia collections. The show always ended with the host purchasing something.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Do you keep record of when you get each one or who got one for you?
    Well, I do have a list of all the places that I have watched a game. The first time that I saw a game at WSU in 2006 when they hosted the regional. MSU beat Kearney after WSU beat South Dakota in OT after trailing late. The next night MSU had about a 15 point lead but lost late- there was a snowstorm coming in so I didn't go. Then WSU beat Northern and the rest is history. It is a pretty long list for football, soccer, basketball, hockey, baseball & softball.

Who gave me caps is more just memory. There are some people on here who have given them to me- not sure if they want to be acknowledged here or not.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied

Spare bedroom has an entire wall of D1 schools. Living room has the pro teams. My bedroom is for D2, D3, NAIA & JC. Things have been fairly stable lately- just expansion teams & new teams that I see in person. The occasional gift from people around the country who send me their school. Buffalo Chip sent me a West TX A&M hat- we were going to meet up in Sioux Falls when they were at the D2 men's tourney there- I was over visiting with the WTAM coaches and a parent of a former Winona player (sorry, can't remember his name but he was very friendly).

I just collect sports caps. I know guys who have thousands of others- fishing, hunting, implement dealers etc but I don't have the room or desire to do that.
    Do you keep record of when you get each one or who got one for you?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Wow, that's impressive. Did you have to build another room or two in the house to keep display them all?
    Spare bedroom has an entire wall of D1 schools. Living room has the pro teams. My bedroom is for D2, D3, NAIA & JC. Things have been fairly stable lately- just expansion teams & new teams that I see in person. The occasional gift from people around the country who send me their school. Buffalo Chip sent me a West TX A&M hat- we were going to meet up in Sioux Falls when they were at the D2 men's tourney there- I was over visiting with the WTAM coaches and a parent of a former Winona player (sorry, can't remember his name but he was very friendly).

I just collect sports caps. I know guys who have thousands of others- fishing, hunting, implement dealers etc but I don't have the room or desire to do that.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X