Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern St

Welcome to the board!

I don't follow Northern super-close, so I'll defer to those who do to answer any specific questions you may have.

Here's the 2020 Wolves thread if you haven't seen it already: https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...n-state-wolves

Comment

Welcome to Northern! The new stadium has been years in the works and should be a fantastic place to watch a football game. Aberdeen and the Northern community are first and foremost a basketball town and school. The football team has been solidly in the middle of the NSIC for many years. We beat the lower teams and struggle to compete against Duluth, USF, Mankato, etc. If Coach Schmidt turns the Wolves into a playoff contender I believe the new stadium will fill up fast. Expectations are as high as they've ever been for NSU football. Welcome to your son and your family. It's a great day to be a Wolf!

Comment

Welcome to the board. As mentioned by Thunder, NSU is trying to up their expectations in football and compete on the gridiron in a similar manner to the success they've had in hoops. The new stadium could very well be among the best in the D2 landscape, we'll have to see when it's completed and such. Exciting times for football in Aberdeen though and AD Josh Moon is very ambitious with athletics up there and the local community seemingly supports the local game in town more than any other in the NSIC..to their credit. NSU hoops attendance has been tops in D2 for years now.

Under Coach Dosch the Wolves had much of a smash mouth style but often struggled offensively to keep up with the teams in the top part of the conference. It'll be interesting to see how the Wolves look in these next few years with a new coach that's been aggressively seeking out recruits from a most wider net than in the past.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X