Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 MSU Maverick Football

Chad Henning is coming back to Mankato to be the offensive line coach.

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Chad Henning is coming back to Mankato to be the offensive line coach.

Comment

laker Your posts are always interesting. And in honor of that I say...Go Mavs Go!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
        laker Your posts are always interesting. And in honor of that I say...Go Mavs Go!
        Thank you. When I was teaching, my first goal was to get you to think. If you couldn't do that, I hoped that I could get you to care. And if I couldn't do that either, I hoped that I could make you laugh. A combination of the three would be even better.

Comment

Mavs sign 12. I'm pretty sure that I played against Luke Mulder from Pella, IA's grandfather Larry from Renville MN, who married one of the prettiest cheerleaders in the 212 Conference, Ellen Schmidt and settled there after playing basketball at South Dakota State.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2021/2...gning-day.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            Mavs sign 12. I'm pretty sure that I played against Luke Mulder from Pella, IA's grandfather Larry from Renville MN, who married one of the prettiest cheerleaders in the 212 Conference, Ellen Schmidt and settled there after playing basketball at South Dakota State.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2021/2...gning-day.aspx

Comment

Signing numbers are going to be down across the board. With all of the 2020 seniors getting the extra year of eligibility, there are simply fewer spots for incoming freshmen. Instead of having the usual 4 classes of players, this year will have five. Teams can add more PWOs, but logistically they probably don't want to get the rosters too big.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WhyNotMinot View Post
                  Signing numbers are going to be down across the board. With all of the 2020 seniors getting the extra year of eligibility, there are simply fewer spots for incoming freshmen. Instead of having the usual 4 classes of players, this year will have five. Teams can add more PWOs, but logistically they probably don't want to get the rosters too big.
                  I agree that is probably true for the most part, but then I look at the Northern signees for today...44! From 12 different states. I get that Northern and Mankato are in very different places as programs and the new coaching staff has a lot to do with bringing in new guys, but man I'm worried Northern won't have enough lockers to fit everybody in. I'm also curious what the retention rate of former players will be given the new staff and 2 years between actual games.

Comment

We have players coming back because they are granted an extra year. I do think that Todd also likes to keep some in his pocket for transfers.

Comment

Good point

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

We have players coming back because they are granted an extra year. I do think that Todd also likes to keep some in his pocket for transfers.

Comment

Saw on the scoop that Minot has an OL coach openin'. What's that about? Oops, wrong thread.
                          Last edited by Clean Liver; 02-03-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I agree that is probably true for the most part, but then I look at the Northern signees for today...44! From 12 different states. I get that Northern and Mankato are in very different places as programs and the new coaching staff has a lot to do with bringing in new guys, but man I'm worried Northern won't have enough lockers to fit everybody in. I'm also curious what the retention rate of former players will be given the new staff and 2 years between actual games.

Comment

With only 12 signees I have to believe MSU seniors are staying in school for another shot at a National Championship, that they came so close to winning in 2019. Seniors would only have to stay for a semester right?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X