Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
    What is on your wishlist for a new stadium? What would it look like?
    Here's mine:

It would be something like this - though I would really like to see MSU invest in press box/media facilities and suite seating, something like what Turtleton has. It would be smaller than this, scaled down to fit a Mankato crowd, but expandable for when that time comes.

Would also like to see the following -

-Big videoboard
    -Heated concourse
    -Locker Rooms (if possible)
    -Some kind of endzone seating (student section?)
    -Bathrooms I'm not scared to use

Would also like to see MSU bring the Berm from the Blake. Mav snack pack too (might be the most important one!)

Lastly, I also want to see MSU pay attention to some of the finishes and details - I don't like the bare concrete look that new stadiums like WTAM have. Ribbon video boards, school colors, logos - it's all appreciated!

I'd even kick over a few dollars once the fundraising starts, though I'll technically be an alumni by then anyway - so it won't be as weird as a random Mustang fan giving money to a "rival."

Comment

Comment

• ^ I'm surprised that "more than 8 feet from the sideline to a concrete wall" hasn't been mentioned yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
          ^ I'm surprised that "more than 8 feet from the sideline to a concrete wall" hasn't been mentioned yet.
          That 8' is what makes the Blake quaint. You can harass players on the sidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
            ^ I'm surprised that "more than 8 feet from the sideline to a concrete wall" hasn't been mentioned yet.
            Too close, too dangerous. I don't know what the minimum distance should be, but I've seen players hit the concrete. Keep the steep stands. Heck, strap people in like on a circus ride so they can't fall out.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	ENDZONE_ViewW.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	612726
              I would want something like this. Imagine that this is viewed facing north, stadium road is just past the video board. The north endzone has all seating and includes the student section/band and the south endzone is just a berm. The Upper deck is a little bit wider going endzone to endzone and says "MSU". The east side has a foundation for a future upper deck symmetrical with the one on the west side. Trees and arches in the style of the new campus architecture separate it from the rest of campus. Obviously we can still do natural grass because our grounds crew is kickass.

I like the idea of a new Blakeslee with modern architecture/amenities/pressbox but more safe as well. North-South orientation though, of course.
              Last edited by Supercal95; 10-14-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Obviously we can still do natural grass because our grounds crew is kickass.

I like the idea of a new Blakeslee with modern architecture/amenities/pressbox but more safe as well. North-South orientation though, of course.

Comment

• [QUOTE=laker;n612727]
                  Last edited by vikingfaithful; 10-14-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=vikingfaithful;n612731]Well, I want people to remember me every time that they go.

Back in 2012 when we beat Northwest MO that place was wall to wall during halftime. I made the comment that we might stay there for the second half. It was terrible cold and windy that day and the men's room had a heater that was doing a pretty fair job of warming the place up.

I actually got the idea from the movie The Green Berets. Do you remember Sgt. Provo?

Comment

Comment

• [QUOTE=laker;n612736]
                        Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Well, I want people to remember me every time that they go.

Back in 2012 when we beat Northwest MO that place was wall to wall during halftime. I made the comment that we might stay there for the second half. It was terrible cold and windy that day and the men's room had a heater that was doing a pretty fair job of warming the place up.

I actually got the idea from the movie The Green Berets. Do you remember Sgt. Provo?
                        Initially I didn't remember the film, until I looked up the plot/actors and it came back to me, however don't remember Sgt. Provo. Would like to see film again as I would appreciate more now.

Comment

• [QUOTE=vikingfaithful;n612731]Yeah. I think I saw a shower curtain in there once? Dunno, they just always freaked me out.

I really do like the soap dispensers though. They are very festive. Would like to see those kept.

Comment

• 1 - Yes, that is a good comparison. I think it would need to be scaled down a bit, and I would like to see the grandstand split into two levels instead of one gigantic one. They did a great job at SDSU.

2 - Ditto!

3 - I think it's either GVSU or Lindenwood that has the biggest in D2, though I bet Northern is up there now. Would like to see MSU go big on this, and they can never go "too big" realistically

I know it's probably not going to happen if a new stadium is built, but I really love the field at the Blake. All natural grass. Would like to see that kept if possible.

Comment

• NFL Draft Diamonds posted an interview with Ty'Shonan Brooks. It's a bit short, but I figured I'd share. Kinda love the shoutouts to Amani Hooker, haha.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SW_Mustang;n612753]
                                Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Yeah. I think I saw a shower curtain in there once? Dunno, they just always freaked me out.

I really do like the soap dispensers though. They are very festive. Would like to see those kept.
                                Yes, the shower curtain was for the modification to make an accessible stall for the disabled. And the purple and gold soap dispensers add color to an otherwise dull area, even when they are empty!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X