Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Yes, the shower curtain was for the modification to make an accessible stall for the disabled. And the purple and gold soap dispensers add color to an otherwise dull area, even when they are empty!
    Ahh, okay - that makes a bit more sense. I walked in there one day and thought "are people really showering in here?" I've seen showers in weird places before, but never in a college stadium's public bathroom. A wider stall for the former would be a more preferable option though, and should probably be placed near the top of the list of must-haves for a new stadium.

The soap dispensers are legitimately cool though - it's such an odd thing to inject that much school spirit into, but they definitely stand out. I think they are pretty much used throughout campus if I remember correctly, though they could also just be used in the Taylor Center. Either way, those should probably stay - or at least sell them to alumni or something as a fundraiser. That would be interesting.

Comment

• https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ccine-mandate/

Comment

• Love these stories, talk about a rapid rise. Looks like the key to these rises is aligning yourself with a proven winner who gets results. I see Bohl brought him along his stops, that says a lot. Heres to hoping he takes the job on a permanent basis. A tough situation to come into. De Boer is having a nice season out in Fresno.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Love these stories, talk about a rapid rise. Looks like the key to these rises is aligning yourself with a proven winner who gets results. I see Bohl brought him along his stops, that says a lot. Heres to hoping he takes the job on a permanent basis. A tough situation to come into. De Boer is having a nice season out in Fresno.
          Definitely an unusual and tough circumstance to come into but I also hope he does well to keep the job!

Comment

Love these stories, talk about a rapid rise. Looks like the key to these rises is aligning yourself with a proven winner who gets results. I see Bohl brought him along his stops, that says a lot. Heres to hoping he takes the job on a permanent basis. A tough situation to come into. De Boer is having a nice season out in Fresno.

Comment

• The other day my brother asked what happened to the guy who hit Kolstad in 2014. Well, he is back in jail. What still bothers me is that he got what he deserved but Nelson, who kicked him in the head when Kolstad was down, got off with nothing. The last that I heard about Nelson was that he played at East Carolina. I always thought that he was the most at fault.

Trevor Shelley going to prison after violating probation | kare11.com

Comment

The other day my brother asked what happened to the guy who hit Kolstad in 2014. Well, he is back in jail. What still bothers me is that he got what he deserved but Nelson, who kicked him in the head when Kolstad was down, got off with nothing. The last that I heard about Nelson was that he played at East Carolina. I always thought that he was the most at fault.

Trevor Shelley going to prison after violating probation | kare11.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Definitely an unusual and tough circumstance to come into but I also hope he does well to keep the job!

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-coach

Kalen is really on the rise these days. Sioux Falls has been mentioned a lot.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-coach

Kalen is really on the rise these days. Sioux Falls has been mentioned a lot.
                    This one is news to me. Not surprised at all but I still shake my head seeing my former head coach (and a few of my former assistants) names get tossed around for P5 jobs. Pretty cool. Wazzu is more likely than the the few people who tossed his name out for USC on a message board as an option, however unrealistic. I feel like he's just getting something going in Fresno though, especially with last year with COVID being his first that he would continue to grow the Bulldog program first before making a jump anywhere.
                    Last edited by Otis Day; 10-20-2021, 08:55 AM.
                    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

This one is news to me. Not surprised at all but I still shake my head seeing my former head coach (and a few of my former assistants) names get tossed around for P5 jobs. Pretty cool. Wazzu is more likely than the the few people who tossed his name out for USC on a message board an an option, however unrealistic. I feel like he's just getting something going in Fresno though, especially with last year with COVID being his first that he would continue to grow the Bulldog program first before making a jump anywhere.
                      Agreed, I think a lot of these carousel articles tend to be click bait at times but its still good to have him mentioned. I think he'll stick around Fresno, like you said hes got something going there. Dickert runs the table and wins out, gets along with the AD who knows, could stay on. A ton of variables.

Comment

• http://i.redd.it/bty2fcmuiuu21.png

I made this stadium design a few years ago, but it seems like it meets the criteria of what a lot of us want. It has a nice berm down to the field on the north side along with a nice video board. And the stadium can be easily expanded for a FCS move if needed. It's close to the field so maybe we could move it back a little, and it still has good sightlines. The press box/suites are built much more modern. It also can have team locker rooms and team offices. Altogether it fits the theme set by modern campus architecture and Taylor Center, with a price tag of around $30 million which is what that free press article was probably the budget by the administration. It would be a real gem for the University to show off.

Sorry, I like stadiums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                          http://i.redd.it/bty2fcmuiuu21.pngSorry, I like stadiums.
                          I like it, especially because the visitors side LOOKS like a college stadium instead of an afterthought.

Comment

I like it, especially because the visitors side LOOKS like a college stadium instead of an afterthought.

Comment

• Have there been any rumors that the powerful people are discussing a new stadium or that the 2nd largest university in a state of over 5 million human beings are considering D1. Iowa with less than half of the population has 3 D1 schools. 4 with Drake.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Have there been any rumors that the powerful people are discussing a new stadium or that the 2nd largest university in a state of over 5 million human beings are considering D1. Iowa with less than half of the population has 3 D1 schools. 4 with Drake.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X