Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Question for Mav fans:

When is the last time that the last home game was played in October? It has to be quite a while back.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
        Question for Mav fans:

When is the last time that the last home game was played in October? It has to be quite a while back.
        Guessed it right on my first try. 2011. Year they last went bowling

https://msumavericks.com/sports/football/schedule/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Guessed it right on my first try. 2011. Year they last went bowling

https://msumavericks.com/sports/football/schedule/2011
          Good job- thanks! I remember that big Thursday night game with Augie that was televised.

Comment

• https://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...117d4f250.html

So...unless there are two Anonio Alzheimers that are 19 years old running around Mankato, this is likely #20 for the Mavs. Good stuff for a good season. Is it 2022 yet?? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              https://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...117d4f250.html

So...unless there are two Anonio Alzheimers that are 19 years old running around Mankato, this is likely #20 for the Mavs. Good stuff for a good season. Is it 2022 yet?? :)
              I think that is a safe bet. I was just saying Friday night at the Senior Recognition night that fortunately we haven't had a lot of off field problems lately.

Comment

• Any chance SMSU gets its first ever win over Mankato? Mankato finally having a down year and we don't have our usual firepowe, especially at QB

SMSU is 0-18. Almost won in Mankato when Thielen was a senior. SMSU was ahead midway through the 4th quarter and suddenly Thielen took over. That was year. Dang

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                  Any chance SMSU gets its first ever win over Mankato? Mankato finally having a down year and we don't have our usual firepowe, especially at QB

SMSU is 0-18. Almost won in Mankato when Thielen was a senior. SMSU was ahead midway through the 4th quarter and suddenly Thielen took over. That was year. Dang

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I think that is a safe bet. I was just saying Friday night at the Senior Recognition night that fortunately we haven't had a lot of off field problems lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      Any chance SMSU gets its first ever win over Mankato? Mankato finally having a down year and we don't have our usual firepowe, especially at QB

MSU 58-10 over CU, MSU 58-0 over UIU, MSU 68-10 over MINOT. SMSU is better than those teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                        https://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...117d4f250.html

Think he gets boated off the team?

Comment

Comment

• Hot seat..? They were in the chip in the last season D2 was played. Semis typically otherwise, etc.

This type of rebuild should've been easy to see coming....with all that was lost on D, then an immediate injury to the top pass rusher returning, and the mainstays on offense finishing out their careers in '19 also. Most of us figured they'd just reload, but in retrospect that sounds a lot easier than it's accomplished.

Was Hoffner on the hot seat in 2016 after that down year? I don't recall that chatter. This was a down year, for sure..but plenty of guys like Charles Coleman, Sleezer, Ekern (QB), Sample, and others have emerged and the Mavs should be setup to be a top squad in future years with those players at skill positions. The Mavs OL didn't control things this year..so they'll need to get things right there..but the pieces are there for success next season. This year they had to figure things out.

I don't think Hoffner and his staff are on the hot seat in the slightest. This isn't D1, first off....and furthermore, he's been at the controls during recent unprecedented success for this program.

Comment

Whatever it means, I'd be interested in the boating process. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Hot seat..? They were in the chip in the last season D2 was played. Semis typically otherwise, etc.

This type of rebuild should've been easy to see coming....with all that was lost on D, then an immediate injury to the top pass rusher returning, and the mainstays on offense finishing out their careers in '19 also. Most of us figured they'd just reload, but in retrospect that sounds a lot easier than it's accomplished.

Was Hoffner on the hot seat in 2016 after that down year? I don't recall that chatter. This was a down year, for sure..but plenty of guys like Charles Coleman, Sleezer, Ekern (QB), Sample, and others have emerged and the Mavs should be setup to be a top squad in future years with those players at skill positions. The Mavs OL didn't control things this year..so they'll need to get things right there..but the pieces are there for success next season. This year they had to figure things out.

I don't think Hoffner and his staff are on the hot seat in the slightest. This isn't D1, first off....and furthermore, he's been at the controls during recent unprecedented success for this program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X