Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Upper Iowa Peacocks

35 recruits signed - good sized class! Agree with everything said by uiucocks. Hoskins and staff have done a great job since coming in, keeping the team together during a tough year, and a lot of great presence on-line and energy for the program! Link to recruits: https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2021/2/...-campaign.aspx

Comment

u
      Originally posted by Peacock View Post
      35 recruits signed - good sized class! Agree with everything said by uiucocks. Hoskins and staff have done a great job since coming in, keeping the team together during a tough year, and a lot of great presence on-line and energy for the program! Link to recruits: https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2021/2/...-campaign.aspx
      Looks like UIU staff did a great job in Iowa and leveraged there proximity to WI and IL.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
        Very heavy on regional talent. I think it will pay off. I like the size of the Dlinemen. Any signees you're especially excited about?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          u

Looks like UIU staff did a great job in Iowa and leveraged there proximity to WI and IL.
          I think that this is a wise recruiting approach. Much more likely to retain a player through graduation and bring friends & relatives to a game. Pretty tough to do that with players from California & Florida.

Comment

Indeed - since the move to D2 they have done a good job of recruiting a tri state area for most part (Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota). D3 days we were heavy on Fla and Cali....retention has been better and has helped with game day attendance and atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

Very heavy on regional talent. I think it will pay off. I like the size of the Dlinemen. Any signees you're especially excited about?
              Will be honest I haven't paid as much attention as I have in past years, just laziness and maybe some apathy given no season....D is always a need so on paper Rhett Smith and Trevor Thompson stand out to me. OL is always thin it seems to on signing day, so 5 there is good as well.

Comment

I conducted an interview with head coach Jason Hoskins that will be posted in the coming days. FYI.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X