Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    MrMustang aint gonna get hired. he ain't woke enough
    It's mostly farm kids though, you'd do fine :)

Joking of course, mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Ha - that would be kinda neat. He gets my vote!

My gut feeling is that the separation is on good terms, based on the long article - but I don't know for certain. I certainly wish him the best moving forward.

It would be nice if we could find a replacement who is local/alumni instead of dragging in some assistant from a bigger school. My wish list simply includes someone who will support facility upkeep/upgrades, and someone who will fight to prevent sports from being cut. Preferably someone with some marketing acumen.

Not saying Chris wasn't those things, just saying that's what I want from the new guy.
      My gut feeling is that Tim Steinbach will be the interim...or at least he should be

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

My gut feeling is that Tim Steinbach will be the interim...or at least he should be
        I feel the same. Should be interesting.

Comment

Here's the article from the Independent about Chris' departure. It goes into a lot more detail about the situation.

The tl;dr appears to be he simply got an offer he couldn't refuse to work for a company out of Sioux Falls.

Since he still has another month as the AD, he's in charge of starting the national search to replace Coach Nelson.

Comment

Here's the article from the Independent about Chris' departure. It goes into a lot more detail about the situation.

The tl;dr appears to be he simply got an offer he couldn't refuse to work for a company out of Sioux Falls.

Since he still has another month as the AD, he's in charge of starting the national search to replace Coach Nelson.
            You'll notice a local connection on the Hmielewski job, as he was recruited by Ben Wiener (son of Darrel and Karen)

Comment

You'll notice a local connection on the Hmielewski job, as he was recruited by Ben Wiener (son of Darrel and Karen)
              Any ties to Weiner Memorial? I would assume so.

Comment

Any ties to Weiner Memorial? I would assume so.
                No. Spelled differently. Weiner/Wiener.

Comment

We have our man.

Comment

We have our man.

Interesting. I'm glad they hired a local guy who was a former athlete. Only interim, but still impactful.

Comment

Interesting. I'm glad they hired a local guy who was a former athlete. Only interim, but still impactful.
                      The fact that they went outside of the university to find an interim AD does not go unnoticed by me.

Comment

The fact that they went outside of the university to find an interim AD does not go unnoticed by me.
                        Yeah - like you said earlier, Steinbach was who I was thinking. Odd.

I'm just glad they didn't hire some guy with "credentials" from the west coast with no connection to the program. That hasn't ended so well for a lot of schools recently.

Comment

We have our man.

Quick turnaround and on such short notice.

Comment

Jeff Loots named to the CFB HOF ballot - an incredible honor to be considered, and I wish him the best of luck in voting!

Jeff Loots named to College Football Hall of Fame Ballot - SMSU Athletics (smsumustangs.com)

Comment

Thought this was interesting - former Mustang Michael Griffin Jr.

Comment

wondering when the 2 deep comes out. hopefully soon

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X