Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

nope committe apparently very tight lipped and no leaks. DisaPPOINTING FOR FANS, BUT GOOD FOR THEM!
    I was really surprised when Loyola of Chicago changed conferences and no one leaked any information. Pretty rare these days when people want to be the "unnamed source".

Comment

• 50 days since the Mustangs have had a Head Football Coach will they ever hire anybody?

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
        50 days since the Mustangs have had a Head Football Coach will they ever hire anybody?
        Hearing that might happen today....a name we've discussed....expect a release today/Monday

Comment

• patiently waiting here. I know they interviewed people

Comment

• https://smsumustangs.com/index.aspx

Thrilled to see this....great guy who got a bad deal at SCSU..

Comment

• Reusse
              @Patrick_Reusse7m
              Scott Underwood, out of job as head coach when St. Cloud State dropped football to turn futbol into its homecoming sport, is new coach at SW Minnesota State. Tough task, outstanding hire.

Comment

• Rennecke
                @AndyRennecke4m
                I can't think of anyone more deserving for another chance at a head coaching job. It's hard to think of another college football coach as loyal as Scott was to SCSU despite the administration's attempts to cut the program. Go get 'em, Scott! Go SMSU!

Comment

• I'm thrilled with this hire, personally.

He was a good coach for SCSU, knows the NSIC... let's get to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                    Rennecke
                    @AndyRennecke4m
                    I can't think of anyone more deserving for another chance at a head coaching job. It's hard to think of another college football coach as loyal as Scott was to SCSU despite the administration's attempts to cut the program. Go get 'em, Scott! Go SMSU!
                    (Also former SMSU beat writer)

Comment

• I can't contain my excitement for this hire! I'm grateful for SCSU's incompetence!

Comment

• Looking through the list of Underwood assistants when football ceased at SCSU, a few I'll mention:

Mark Sipple, current DC at Augie: Unlikely to move, I'd guess
                        Doug Patterson, current OL coach at WIU: Unlikely to move, but was in St Cloud for 12 years
                        Chris Mussman, currently out of coaching: Decent resume if he wants to get back into it
                        Joey Nelson, was WR coach at Winona: Might be looking for a job

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          I can't contain my excitement for this hire! I'm grateful for SCSU's incompetence!
                          Yes, same here. I'm just glad we didn't cheap out on ourselves.

Comment

• Good hire for a variety of reasons from my sources:

1. Good dude
                            2. People like him
                            3. Not under some false idea this is an easy job. Had an administration working against him at SCSU and administrative support has been a shortcoming at SMSU over the years.
                            4. Was at another MnSCU system so he knows that a whole load of faculty are against him for no reason other than politics
                            5. Was underfunded with scholarships at SCSU not as bad at SMSU but certainly still near the bottom so he will understand the challenge.

Comment

• Questions Underwood will have to answer:

1. What kind of offense. Folks like offense here. Based on what I saw at SCSU he liked to throw, but maybe not enough.
                              2. Staff - who stays - who dosn't - how much say does he have in year 1 -- I have no idea
                              3. Recruting - yeah SCSU had funding issues, but was still a bigger town and SCSU was a nicer town 15 years ago. Now, not as nice.
                              4. Good record - but it was the NSIC North - the South is a juggernaut - and back then the North was not as strong. - can it translate to the South -- i certainly think so, but it has never been apples to apples in SOS
                              5.likely to be lots of attrition in the next week. I am guessing maybe 60 of 120 left from the fall.

plenty to ponder but I think it is an excellent hire

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                                3. Not under some false idea this is an easy job. Had an administration working against him at SCSU and administrative support has been a shortcoming at SMSU over the years.
                                4. Was at another MnSCU system so he knows that a whole load of faculty are against him for no reason other than politics
                                5. Was underfunded with scholarships at SCSU not as bad at SMSU but certainly still near the bottom so he will understand the challenge.
                                These are all reasons why early on I was so hopeful he might be interested early on in the process. Things working against him, but at the same time he's used to it and has still thrived despite challenges.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X