Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Yes, you are. Haha. Maybe send him an email and ask?? :)

Im not sure his wife is even that interested in him!
    Maybe I just will ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

"And for my next magic trick, I will make Blakeslee Stadium disappear!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Why? 50%?
        Because 50 % is from far away and my understanding they were loyal to Coach McClure.

In addition we are gonna lose a lot of kids from the area too short term.

So far not many changes to the roster, I am thinking between now and May, not necessarily this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

I disagree. 50% is a ridiculous number. Half your team has loyalty issues and quits? I can understand 20%, that seems normal in D-II and lower classes.
          well, we brought in 70 kids in the last recruiting class. Traditionally 50% of those freshmen don't make it. So that is 35 kids right there. Another 25 doesn't seem out of the question with a new sheriff in town, especially if some kids are told they will 2nd team now instead of starters. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

well, we brought in 70 kids in the last recruiting class. Traditionally 50% of those freshmen don't make it. So that is 35 kids right there. Another 25 doesn't seem out of the question with a new sheriff in town, especially if some kids are told they will 2nd team now instead of starters. Just my thoughts.
            Starting to see Mustang commits on Twitter.

Comment

In addition we are gonna lose a lot of kids from the area too short term.
              We've struggled to recruit locally for almost as long as I've been following the program, and it seems few local kids actually make an impact on the team.

We don't even bring in players from our sister JUCO. I'm not sure if it's the quality of football in SWMN, or if SWMN kids look down on SMSU - but probably both.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Starting to see Mustang commits on Twitter.
                I have seen very little and I have looked. I am sure we will sign a bunch of good kids. will be interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

We've struggled to recruit locally for almost as long as I've been following the program, and it seems few local kids actually make an impact on the team.

We don't even bring in players from our sister JUCO. I'm not sure if it's the quality of football in SWMN, or if SWMN kids look down on SMSU - but probably both.
                  I do think there's a bit of both. Pre-Sauter we saw it more often, but that was also a different NSIC back then.

I don't think there needs to be 5-10 regional players per class, but a little more investment in the program would be appreciated. With 50-player classes, there are a lot of walk-ons. Rather than seeing guys play for free at Gustavus, DWU, Dakota State, etc, I hope we see a few more guys stay home. We've had some homegrown success stories over the years. Heck, one is still on staff.

This is some of what excites me about Underwood. He's seen firsthand the talent produced in the area with Adam Josephson, someone who initially wasn't on his staff's radar until after the SCSU wrestling coach clued him in. They developed him into an all-NSIC performer. Someone in his coaching tree, Mark Sipple, as also increased recruiting attention to this region at Augustana. Even if Sipple doesn't come here on staff, the two talk. They see each other's recruiting successes.

I don't know the track record of the Minnesota West JUCO enough to speak on it, but even more from other Minnesota and Iowa JUCOs would be nice to see.

Comment

I have seen very little and I have looked. I am sure we will sign a bunch of good kids. will be interesting
                    I think I've seen one or two only. One was a JUCO QB from California. Committed 3 days after the Underwood hire was announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I think I've seen one or two only. One was a JUCO QB from California. Committed 3 days after the Underwood hire was announced.
                      details on the JUCO qb? I expect Justus McComb to be the qb or at least be in the mix. Probably should have played him this past year as a freshman

Comment

It was back around Christmas, but I saw a guy from Robbinsdale Cooper committed

Comment

details on the JUCO qb? I expect Justus McComb to be the qb or at least be in the mix. Probably should have played him this past year as a freshman

Highlights (Hudl): https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6095069...901105b43292be

Comment

• Coach was on the air in Sioux Falls today

http://www.callingallsportssd.com/

Comment

Interesting. Committed not signed obviosuly but I get how twitter handles work

Not great stats. Looks the part. Will create competition for the job at least .

and you need 2 good qbs in the NSIC. guys get hurt. Hoping he is a good get

Comment

Interesting. Committed not signed obviosuly but I get how twitter handles work

Not great stats. Looks the part. Will create competition for the job at least .

and you need 2 good qbs in the NSIC. guys get hurt. Hoping he is a good get
                                Listening to that Sioux Falls interview last night, Underwood mentioned what has been mentioned here before about assistants' contracts. Said they have one opening on offense, with both guys coming back on defense.

With his expertise on defense, obviously the offensive hire will be for the OC role. Will be interesting how assistants' salaries are divided once current guys expire. Usually coaches load up more where the HC doesn't have the expertise. Would likely mean a shift to two offensive guys on salary

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X