Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Embarassed because we dont have their enrollment, location, or endowment? Busted! Sick burn!

St Thomas has had the resources, location, and enrollment to be D1 for a LONG time. Thanks to the actions of many frightened presidents and ADs they finally realized that potential.
    It just makes it look like they may have made their announcement prematurely. Although I guess they did say that the goal was by 2030 and not 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I think it will get the more casual fans interested now that they are D1. If you look at their football attendance numbers they are pretty low outside the St. John's game considering how strong they have been. The few STU alumns I know were always apathetic towards sports but seem very excited over this.
      People are only interested in the Division I label. Once they realize that golden box doesn't come packaged with the Gophers and Bison, they'll quickly lose interest. My guess is that it will take about two years.

The fact of the matter is this - St. Thomas was on the tails side of the SJU rivalry coin. Short of the Johnnies making the jump - there won't be another College Gameday, and no more games at Target Field/Allianz Stadium/US Bank Stadium. It will harm SJU too, but Tom needs John far more than John needs Tom. Dayton and Davidson just aren't the same thing, and I don't think they have any long term attendance gains from the jump.

I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy, and I sincerely with them the best (as much as it pains me to say so), but I just don't see it.

I do see big gains in hockey and baseball relative to what they bring in now, and possibly basketball and volleyball as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X