Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring games/scrimmages

I've seen several GLIAC schools have announced a few exhibition games, and have heard that some of the NSIC teams were at least looking at doing something similar. Has anyone heard anything concrete?

USF travels to Northwest Missouri St. April 10th and Morehead St. comes to Sioux Falls April 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisco View Post
      USF travels to Northwest Missouri St. April 10th and Morehead St. comes to Sioux Falls April 24th.
      Is this Moorhead State from MN or Morehead St the FCS team from Kentucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisco View Post
        The NW game was mentioned by their coach a few weeks ago when speaking about their Spring. USF Coach Jon Anderson is from Maryville and knows the staff there.

I assume it's Moorhead from MN and not Morehead from KY. That'd make sense for both as they aren't supposed to play this season.

Comment

I've heard of other games such as NAIA teams (Morningside and Grand View) doing something with Mankato..and also Northern....but all of it was speculation (unofficial) as of a few weeks ago. Also heard of a few NSIC teams meeting up with Grand Valley..but not at liberty to speak further on that.

I think you will see a fair amount of NSIC teams scrimmage each other..and if possible, from diff divisions....but most athletic departments aren't looking for much travel during this deal....so closer opponents could also be more likely. Each team is seemingly seeking out like 2 scrimmages but some more (Northern, Mankato).

Comment

Laker,
            I was told Morehead St. MN to Sioux Falls April 24th.

Comment

UMary has a couple of joint practices with university of Jamestown, Bemidji State and Moorhead State

Comment

Last edited by Swisher; 02-17-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Coach Sauter was on the radio here and said we will be scrimmiging Mankato this spring. He ever said a date but I can't remember.

He also mentioned hope for 2-3 more scrimmages.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                    Coach Sauter was on the radio here and said we will be scrimmiging Mankato this spring. He ever said a date but I can't remember.

Did he say if we are allowed in or not? I would assume not - but I'd go if I could, and maybe even kick a couple of bucks over for a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I can't remember exactly but I think it is for either April 10th of 17th at MSU. They weren't allowing fans at the time of scheduling but hopefully that will change- it will be outside after all.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I can't remember exactly but I think it is for either April 10th of 17th at MSU. They weren't allowing fans at the time of scheduling but hopefully that will change- it will be outside after all.
                        Bummer.

Seems like the worst of this is behind us. I get the caution, but I think they could let some people in safely. Charge them $5/ticket, require masks - and we'd be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Bummer.

Seems like the worst of this is behind us. I get the caution, but I think they could let some people in safely. Charge them $5/ticket, require masks - and we'd be good to go.
                          I find it the height of stupidity not to allow fans at an outside contest when they can be safely spread apart for social distancing. Part of the problem would be getting workers for ticket taking, security etc if they are charging money. I would think it would be more like a spring game where people can get in for free.

I went to a number of NAIA football games last fall and never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I find it the height of stupidity not to allow fans at an outside contest when they can be safely spread apart for social distancing. Part of the problem would be getting workers for ticket taking, security etc if they are charging money. I would think it would be more like a spring game where people can get in for free.

I went to a number of NAIA football games last fall and never had a problem.
                            That's true. I was just thinking it may sway a few people from coming, if they are worried about packing the place - and/or generate some extra, much needed revenue.

IMO, we're on the back-end of this thing, and things will be even better in April - might as well open it up. Be smart about it and it's very doable.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

That's true. I was just thinking it may sway a few people from coming, if they are worried about packing the place - and/or generate some extra, much needed revenue.

IMO, we're on the back-end of this thing, and things will be even better in April - might as well open it up. Be smart about it and it's very doable.
                              I 100 percent agree Mustang. At this point any institution that does not allow fans at events are just being lazy and washing their hands of it. You are right we are at the back end of this thing and its going to disappear. Still mind boggling NAIA had some great games and the NSIC had to watch from the sidelines. Could not believe there wasn't any push back but thats a conversation for another day. Hopefully minds are changed and kids can see some fans in the stands.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X