Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

Not so fast my friend. Tickets sold out this morning in three minutes. Mostly because they are limited to 25% capacity and season ticket holders on Monday could buy 8 tickets. Maybe Santa Claus can make a special trip for me.
    I hope it works out for you!
    ?????

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Not so fast my friend. Tickets sold out this morning in three minutes. Mostly because they are limited to 25% capacity and season ticket holders on Monday could buy 8 tickets. Maybe Santa Claus can make a special trip for me.
      Offer is still good for Baker at Morningside at 1pm this Saturday, Laker. Or maybe the semifinals May 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post

Offer is still good for Baker at Morningside at 1pm this Saturday, Laker. Or maybe the semifinals May 1st.
        Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I got an email today saying that my buddy found one ticket for the Jacks game- one of the 82 returned by Holy Cross. Glad to have a backup plan in case that falls through!

Comment

WSC records 12-3 controlled football scrimmage victory at Chadron State
          wscwildcats.com

Wayne State defeated Chadron State 12-3 Saturday in a controlled football scrimmage played at Don Bebee Stadium in Chadron.

The event began with skill competitions followed by a scrimmage between the two clubs.

WSC opened the scoring with a safety for a 2-0 lead.

The 'Cats went in front 5-0 later on a 28-yard field goal by Alex Powders with the scoring drive set up by a 36-yard pass play from Tavian Willis to Taurean Grady.

Hartington Cedar Catholic freshman running back Jacob Keiser gave WSC a 12-0 lead when he found the end zone on a 48-yard run with 5:49 to play in the second quarter.

Chadron State got on the scoreboard late with a 21-yard field goal to make the final score 12-3.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post

Wow- rematch of Morningside and Northwestern in the semis after they won at Grand View. Two GPAC teams going head to head for the right to go to the finals.

Comment

Went to the Moorhead @ USF scrimmage on Saturday. There were a lot more fans there than I expected. I was even surprised they had the concessions open.

It was a pretty low key event, with lots of drills and various situational play. No score was kept. Hits were kept at the minimum, and most tackles (except for the occasional guy that would get keyed up) were about 50% intensity.

I could tell that there were some guys who haven't hit anyone in a year and a half and were chomping at the bit. A couple of minor fights broke out which I chalked up to frustration that they couldn't go 100%.

A few takeaways from what I saw: Moorhead's pass offense looked a little better, and USF's run offense looked a little better (probably could have guessed both of those before I showed up at the stadium.) Moorhead's QB can really hurt you with his legs if you leave him open. USF has a running back named Freeman that has some explosive speed; if he got open there wasn't anyone on the field who could catch him.

It was nice to be back at the stadium watching some football, even if it wasn't a real game. I also forgot that at the Bob you have to dress for at least 10 degrees colder than the thermometer says. There was hardly any wind at my house, but sitting in the wind tunnel of the Bob the flags were sticking straight out and the wind was pretty nippy.

Comment

Had a chance to watch the WSU spring game. Hard to take much away from the outing. The defense looked to be high-energy and flying around. When he had time, Owen Burke looked like what I senior QB should. Now just hoping September gets here soon!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X