Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I've been told Dosch and staff will be back next season.
    You are obviously more connected than I am, but was this ever really in question after about Week 5? I know there have been some grumblings but I haven't heard anything indicating it was truly being considered. If Dosch continues to get 5-7 wins every year I don't know that he'll be going anywhere. Maybe in a few years with the upgraded facilities expectations will be higher, but as of right now I don't see NSU making a change.

Comment

As I always say, I'm no one important but get to interact with some that are and are tightly connected. It's been a question for a few years now, never anything personal, but the expectations have jumped for every single sport at NSU since Moon took the helm. Dean Berry with baseball and Dosch with football are the only two coaches left from prior to the Moon era. While he has high expectations that has resonated into the fan base anwhat was once a "keep them, their good people" athletic department things have very much changed. Their are coaches who were much more successful that have been let go or shoved out the door than what football has accomplished. So again, I'll report facts as facts and things are hear as things I hear so others can decide whatever that's worth.

Along with that, and i say thing acknowledging how insanely awesome the new facilities are and the upgrades. But their are certainly some prominent alum that are baffled at the new era. For years it has been a constant push of scholarships and how far behind we are and we get a pamphlet every year in the mail. Again, this coming from others they are furious (some not all) that we could have done this to fully fund the sports and then worry about the fields. Then of course the fact that the first chunk of these stadium projects had already been raised before it was even announced.

It is what it is, I dont necessarily have any firm opinions either way anymore. Just found it interesting to hear thoughts from the people I did.

Comment

I definitely understand the irritation of some people, but my argument would be that hopefully the improved facilities will allow NSU to recruit a higher caliber of athlete. Then we can work on increasing the scholarships. I don't know the specifics on how all that works, but I would think better facilities will equal better players. Also, these improvements to campus will set up Northern for the next 50 years of growth to become a better institution academically and athletically. However, I really hope the campaign reaches the goal soon because it is absolutely losing steam. People are tiring of hearing about millions of dollars for buildings. Hopefully the focus in the next few years will turn more to the students and faculty at NSU.

Comment

I dont know it is irrational. I mean, they are separate things and both are ideas of getting to the same spot. While on campus sports isnt a "Need" in today's world it is certainly deemed as such. You cant go wrong with having good facilities, no doubt about that. If its $50 million and the results are no different, it will be very deflating and they will definitely hear about it if that's the case. Even though this is privately funded and not taxed people will launch into a "what a waste of money" tyraid.

These people I heard from were from major sports, but arent your typical pom pom, only thinking of their sport, types. They are big picture and were mostly annoyed in the way this transpired after years of them working on the main plan of increased scholarship dollars.

Just a thought but if recruited, and you could have a full ride to a .500 team or much less and play in a new stadium for a .500 team, which would matter most? No right or wrong on this, but if I liked the staff players and campus in each scenario, I personally would have picked the scholarship over the new stadium. That said, that is just from a recruit standpoint. I would assume they believe attendance will go up in new place leading to higher revenue from sponsors.

Again, all just discussion pieces, no real strong feelings.

Comment

I've been told Dosch and staff will be back next season.
            I've been told that Coach Dosch is no longer the head football coach at Northern. We will see if more news comes of this later today.

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

I've been told that Coach Dosch is no longer the head football coach at Northern. We will see if more news comes of this later today.
              Long overdue. 6-5 every year shouldn't cut it.

Comment

There it is.

https://nsuwolves.com/news/2019/11/2...ng-change.aspx

Comment

A number of the football guys have liked the tweet, I wonder if there is more there.

Heads up Dean Berry, you are the only one left from the Bob Olson era.

Comment

A number of the football guys have liked the tweet, I wonder if there is more there.

Good thing for him nobody in Aberdeen even knows NSU has a baseball team.

Comment

Maybe Dennis Miller will come back

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                        Maybe Dennis Miller will come back

Comment

Set you up for that one.

Comment

Berry is a heck of a coach. He turned that thing around.

As for Moon, for the most part from afar he seems to be doing well, but in his 2 high profile hires -- women's hoops -- terrible hire - and men's hoops --way way way too soon to know.

He has been very very successful in raising money and building facilities and moving that program forward and has to be given credit for that and honestly that is huge. Things seem to be happening there.

Can he hire coaches -- we'll see. Good job. Nice facilities, improved stuff, new stadium, great league, fully funded scholarships. Should be able to hire a home run.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Berry is a heck of a coach. He turned that thing around.

As for Moon, for the most part from afar he seems to be doing well, but in his 2 high profile hires -- women's hoops -- terrible hire - and men's hoops --way way way too soon to know.

He has been very very successful in raising money and building facilities and moving that program forward and has to be given credit for that and honestly that is huge. Things seem to be happening there.

Can he hire coaches -- we'll see. Good job. Nice facilities, improved stuff, new stadium, great league, fully funded scholarships. Should be able to hire a home run.

Comment

It's my perception she got the job because it was "hers to get" not because she was a good hire.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X