Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolves really getting after it on the recruiting trail with QBs and Lineman especially.

Most recent offer is 6'4" QB Jackson Nibbelink out of Winona who has decent speed and (though I'm no expert) very nice touch on his throws.

Comment

Ryan Schlichte is heading to NSU...as a GA and WR coach.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        Ryan Schlichte is heading to NSU...as a GA and WR coach.

Comment

Northern has created a bit of a buzz of late....new head coach and coordinators (and nearly entirely new staff)..along with a top future coaching prospect like Schlichte. I'd spoken with him a few weeks back..asking if he was going to have interest in staying in football through coaching and he said that he did..glad to see him landing close in the NSIC. Ryan has always impressed me anytime that I've run into him. He comes off very mature and very intelligent. I wouldn't be surprised if he's an OC somewhere by 2025.

NSU is mining quite a bit in WI..where the coach is comfy..and likely because there's no D2 there and a lot of good NSIC talent that's come from WI.

If I'm a Northern fan, I'm looking at the 2020 season as a smoothing out season in which the squad figures out who's part of the future plans.....spots like QB, OL, D, etc. NSU has some skill players at both WR and RB that can have strong seasons..but a new QB will be the immediate concern and there will be growing pains between a new system (new head coach) and such. However, if things show occasional promise, 2021 in the new stadium could make for a memorable campaign.

Comment

Offensive coordinator Micah Smith has been named interim head coach.

Might've missed this along the way. Sorry if it's old news.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post

Long overdue. 6-5 every year shouldn't cut it.
                Hey Swish,

Just curious, what are your thoughts now? Does 5-6 cut it? Or just not 6-5?

Thanks for clearing up this confusion.

Comment

This was an interesting thread to read back through.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X