Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawyer retiring from WSU after 2021 season

I had the chance to get to know Coach a bit my last year as a student at WSU. And since then, had the chance to talk with him a number of times. Always a class act. Always a solid guy and great coach. WSU owes Coach a great debt for his years of service. Will miss him on the sidelines.

Comment

I knew we were getting close go his retirement, was hoping to get another 3 or so years out of him.
      I don't much insight into the program so it will be interesting to see who they go with next. Do they promote a coordinator or go outside?

Comment

Off topic but Winona related. I could use one right now.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/minn...ent=nlbuttonB6

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Off topic but Winona related. I could use one right now.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/minn...ent=nlbuttonB6
          Me too, all the Kwik Trips in town used to sell then but haven't since last March. Maybe tomorrow morning will be a good time to stop in and get some. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Me too, all the Kwik Trips in town used to sell then but haven't since last March. Maybe tomorrow morning will be a good time to stop in and get some. Thanks for the reminder.
            I've heard nothing but great things about the place. The Buffalo Lake Home Bakery was a special place for me growing up until just a few years ago when it closed. Mocha bars, cinnamon sticks, long johns, elephant ears- the list goes on and on. I remember go there after morning football practice for two a days. What a treat after a long hot practice!

Comment

Our coaches took turns bringing is Bloedows for our Saturday morning film sessions. Nice treat before we got chewed out for the next 2 hours.

Comment

Figured I would use this as the Warrior season thread. Solid first outing against what I thought would be a quality opponent. If the squad steps forward off that effort, this could be a great season. Here's hoping we can send Coach out on a high note.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                  Figured I would use this as the Warrior season thread. Solid first outing against what I thought would be a quality opponent. If the squad steps forward off that effort, this could be a great season. Here's hoping we can send Coach out on a high note.
                  He also has a shot of 200 career wins!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X