Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If true, I kinda lost a little respect for the USF recruiting team...

Not sure what they thought would happen on that one.

Comment

• The qb Arvay and his father did a radio show in Arizona and said that after Sioux Falls fiasco he was gonna walk on to Northern Arizona but coach Sauter got on phone with him for over an hour and they really had a great conversation and Arvay was sold. He really couldnt believe and was excited he would get opportunity to play Sioux Falls. Father said coach Sauter had long phone call with him (hour and half) and he was sold too,. Both father and son were excited and comfortable with coach and SMSU after phone calls and Sauter's over the top excitement rubbed off on them. He really sold them on SMSU. Being former NFL qb was factor as well.

Comment

• Arvay's top target last season was Colorado signee Brenden Rice, otherwise known as a son of Jerry.

Comment

• Yeah in high school Arvay played with some of best in country and against the best in country. If he doesnt end up starting as freshman at SMSU that means the starter must be really good so either way its exciting for SMSU!

Comment

• No offense to Boyer or the JUCO guys, but it'd be nice to hopefully have the QB position back to SMSU's high standards.

Comment

• I am willing to give the USF guys the benefit fo the doubt. Who knows what was said. I just know I like what I see and I am happy he is coming to Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMSU fan View Post
                The qb Arvay and his father did a radio show in Arizona and said that after Sioux Falls fiasco he was gonna walk on to Northern Arizona but coach Sauter got on phone with him for over an hour and they really had a great conversation and Arvay was sold. He really couldnt believe and was excited he would get opportunity to play Sioux Falls. Father said coach Sauter had long phone call with him (hour and half) and he was sold too,. Both father and son were excited and comfortable with coach and SMSU after phone calls and Sauter's over the top excitement rubbed off on them. He really sold them on SMSU. Being former NFL qb was factor as well.
                Crazy story. Hopefully it works out well for the Mustangs.
                Excited for football. well, more excited for baseball but who knows when that starts. My kid is itchy to play ball!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  No offense to Boyer or the JUCO guys, but it'd be nice to hopefully have the QB position back to SMSU's high standards.
                  Boyer has a great year last year. He really cam along nicely. He was the least of our problems.

Five years ago I figured he had no chance to play. Made 2nd team all conference and deserved it

Comment

• nm

Comment

• SMSU is gettin another stud in 2020 class from Arizona! He was no 66 prospect on one list and no 88 overall on another list goin into senior year! One of best wr in state!SMSU already got one of top qbs and now a top receiver!! They are bringing in a lot more size and speed at skill positions. A few 4.4 and 4.5 forty guys from Cali, Az, and Texas. They added a starting olineman and two def tackles from schools that shut down football. Also added a lot of dbacks with speed. With Minn State Man and Sioux Falls havin to replace all their skill guys and Augustana losing a few key guys it could make for interesting year in conference. If the qb is as good as advertised SMSU could surprise a lot of teams and fans. A really good accurate qb and size and speed on outside is same formula west florida used to beat everybody! I see what ur doin coach Sauter and i love it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SMSU fan View Post
                        SMSU is gettin another stud in 2020 class from Arizona! He was no 66 prospect on one list and no 88 overall on another list goin into senior year! One of best wr in state!SMSU already got one of top qbs and now a top receiver!! They are bringing in a lot more size and speed at skill positions. A few 4.4 and 4.5 forty guys from Cali, Az, and Texas. They added a starting olineman and two def tackles from schools that shut down football. Also added a lot of dbacks with speed. With Minn State Man and Sioux Falls havin to replace all their skill guys and Augustana losing a few key guys it could make for interesting year in conference. If the qb is as good as advertised SMSU could surprise a lot of teams and fans. A really good accurate qb and size and speed on outside is same formula west florida used to beat everybody! I see what ur doin coach Sauter and i love it!!
                        Haven't found anything about this kid

Comment

• Hope im not jinxing it but i saw picture on twitter from November from high school coach from Arizona and he was with Qb Nick Arvay and wr from No 2 team in Arizona. Caption said somethin like " opponents tonight but brothers for life" and there was a bunch of replies and some ofcomments were about them going to college together. Turns out they are best friends and wr was offered by Sioux Falls, Arizona state and some others. After Sioux Falls screwed around with Nick Arvay the wr said he would never go to Sioux Falls!! I couldnt find out where wr was going but found him on twitter and periodically check just to see. Then last week a reporter was posting videos of QBs and wr workin out in Az. One of videos had SMSU qb commit Nick Arvay and one of receivers was Brandt Goodwin Saguaro High School, workin out together. I direct messaged reporter and asked him if Brandt Goodwin mentioned anything about where he was going to college. He messaged me back to my surprise and said Brandt was probably going to go with his friend Nick Arvay to SMSU. 85% sure was what he said. So nothing is official but it sounds really promising. His junior and senior year highlights are crazy good! (Junior year especially) on his twitter it says somethin about Arizona State and Sioux Falls but thats it so im keepin my fingers crossed. Check out his highlights and twitter. And yes i do have a lot of time on my hands right now to look all this up! Lol. He was on two separate top recruits in state list , no66 on one and 80 somethin on another.

Comment

• Also Goodwin's high school Saguaro is a top program in country and got as high as no 10 in country in national polls this year before dropping!! Arvay's high school Hamilton was top 100 at various points throughout year in national polls reaching as high as 70 or 80. Thats two top players from two of best programs in country!! This could end up being one of best recruiting classes SMSU has had .Lets hope everything works out. You can check out all stats for teams and players on maxpreps, click on year 2019 and see everything.

Comment

• Well, hopefully we'll get to add them to the list of great QB-WR combos we've had.

How's the ground game looking for this season, assuming we get to play?

Comment

• They added a starting lineman from another team in conference and they got a couple starters on Oline comin back. So Oline should b pretty good . They r bringing in 2 pretty good running backs with speed. Sir Michael Veasly(6'0 200) and Tamari Jenkins(5'10 170) film looks good. I think they r from Texas and California. Also added wr josh hornsby(6'2 205) big kid runs track looks really good. The qb Arvay can run too so that should help running game. On Arvays highlights he has 50 yard touchdown run against Chandler(no 13 team in country). Also 3 other good receivers comin in Finch, Phillips, and Harper, from texas and Cali. I think running game will b alot better. I could see all these guys i mentioned gettin playing time as freshman if not redshirted. Check out their hilights n see what u think. Future looks bright.WR Hornsby had a D1 offer and a few D2 offers as well as Wr Goodwin(ASU n Sioux falls).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X