Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've just kinda rolled with it, but I've often wondered that myself haha

Comment

• We probably all know already, but SMSU was recently on WCCO for their mask initiative. I am also aware that the school has been making plexiglass barriers for the classrooms. I'll be curious to see how this all plays out in the fall.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...-new-students/

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

We've just kinda rolled with it, but I've often wondered that myself haha
        Just giving you guys a hard time haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Just giving you guys a hard time haha!
          Haha, nothing wrong with that!

Comment

• Maybe it's normal for NSIC schools right now to be losing kids, but I'm seeing a lot of names no longer on the football roster. Just a few from last year include 12, 21, 32, 35, 66, 94.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              Maybe it's normal for NSIC schools right now to be losing kids, but I'm seeing a lot of names no longer on the football roster. Just a few from last year include 12, 21, 32, 35, 66, 94.
              There's a couple of names in that list too - not all just bench riders. I tried seeing if any of them landed anywhere and I came up empty. We managed to lose our talented freshman punter too. Ouch.

#21 appears to have exited the team within the last month or so, but that's the only info I can find.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

There's a couple of names in that list too - not all just bench riders. I tried seeing if any of them landed anywhere and I came up empty. We managed to lose our talented freshman punter too. Ouch.

#21 appears to have exited the team within the last month or so, but that's the only info I can find.
                Most painful losses appear to be:

5, 8 and 13 had starts @ WR
                12 was teams leading TE.
                21 & 32 were All-League caliber DBs
                35 was All-League caliber Punter (Huge Loss)
                66 Started on OL as RFr.
                Galamue, Busari and Murphy missed 2019 with injury and would have contributed at WR/TE in 2020.

There could be others but these stand out. Might be OK if the 2020 recruiting class is as strong as some say it is. Roster will definitely look a lot different in 2021. I expect more departures once the Spring Season is cancelled because it's impractical. Some of the seniors might have been encouraged to hang up the cleats to free up scholarship funds for C/O 2021.

Comment

• I heard Belt not playing because worried about COVID. Plans to come back but who knows.

Some of those other guys are 5th year guys who are probably graduating in fall so not going to stick around in Spring with a 1% chance there is a season. Cant blame them. college is expensive

Comment

• Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

Most painful losses appear to be:

5, 8 and 13 had starts @ WR
                    12 was teams leading TE.
                    21 & 32 were All-League caliber DBs
                    35 was All-League caliber Punter (Huge Loss)
                    66 Started on OL as RFr.
                    Galamue, Busari and Murphy missed 2019 with injury and would have contributed at WR/TE in 2020.

There could be others but these stand out. Might be OK if the 2020 recruiting class is as strong as some say it is. Roster will definitely look a lot different in 2021. I expect more departures once the Spring Season is cancelled because it's impractical. Some of the seniors might have been encouraged to hang up the cleats to free up scholarship funds for C/O 2021.

I really liked Jalen Coleman at receiver. I assume with Covid and likihood of online classes he decided to stay close to home. Can't blame him.

No idea about # 8 - maybe he is set to graduate, He did redshirt

#13 - no idea

Lucas Fischer is a big loss if gone. I know his brother is going to Augie

Garrett Chapman was very good, went back to California.

Liked Kammeyer on the OL. Who knows...
                    lots of turnover at all D2 schools.

my guess is the 3 receivers are graduating. All have been here forever

Kyle Richter is graduating I think. Getting married, Great kid

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      I heard Belt not playing because worried about COVID. Plans to come back but who knows.

Some of those other guys are 5th year guys who are probably graduating in fall so not going to stick around in Spring with a 1% chance there is a season. Cant blame them. college is expensive
                      SMSU really needs Belt back. He could bomb the ball. A great punter is a huge weapon. Often overlooked by the typical football fan. He could definitely punt in FCS.

I agree. They're probably ready to move on with their lives. A few of them had medical redshirts on top of traditional redshirts so a 2021 Fall szn would be 6.5yrs!!!

Comment

• I'm late to the party on this one but seeing as how I don't really follow D1 Soccer in Nebraska, that's understandable.

I had to do a double take when I drove by it last night. Not an exact copy but very close. Matke field corrected a few things wrong with it - moving the press box to the other side was not one of them.

Attached Files

Comment

• Same architect did both stadiums. They also did the Oregon baseball stadium, which has a similar overhang.

Comment

• SMSU and Schwan's folks went to Omaha and looked at Creighton when planning this. I was on the plane one of the times. It is clearly based on the Crieghton stadium

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                              SMSU and Schwan's folks went to Omaha and looked at Creighton when planning this. I was on the plane one of the times. It is clearly based on the Crieghton stadium
                              Yeah. I had posted it on Twitter and someone said they based Matke Field off of this. Pretty cool to see - and SMSU definitely made some improvements. Visitors seating not one of them.

Comment

• Any SMSU fans know what happened to your freshman QB Nick Arvay (AZ kid)? He's no longer on the roster and his twitter suggest he's no longer with the program...
                                Last edited by NSICFballFan; 09-30-2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X