• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Looks like they started over.
    :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      Looks like they started over.
      With an attrition rate higher than BUDs you gotta bring in a lot of new recruits!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Stanger86;n561795]

Way to undersell them![LIST=1]

Staner86 and the other SMSU contributors...Any signees you're especially excited about?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            If I counted correctly SMSU added 69 signees on National signing day, that's a lot of recruits. Did Coach Sauter clean house or was there a great deal of athletes quit the team? That is the largest recruiting class I've ever seen.
            COVID cleaned us out pretty well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

COVID cleaned us out pretty well.
              Yeah I would agree with this. The Arizona kids being the perfect example. Those two might not have been here 4 years anyways, but the pandemic and everything to go along with it just gave them an excuse to go back closer to home.

SMSU has started to use the fringes of the football team as an enrollment booster. That's also why the high numbers. They won't all stay. They might not even mostly stay. But if they can find ones to stay for all four years, that's a win for the university. Not a recipe for a championship program, but right or wrong I don't think that's necessarily the goal here.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                If I counted correctly SMSU added 69 signees on National signing day, that's a lot of recruits. Did Coach Sauter clean house or was there a great deal of athletes quit the team? That is the largest recruiting class I've ever seen.
                Gonna have a huge roster. A few kids have left but not that many. I just think they are bringing in lots of kids.

Thankfully Sauter and staff working hard to help enrollment, more than the academic side.

Comment

• [QUOTE=NSICFballFan;n561877]
                  Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Way to undersell them![LIST=1]

Staner86 and the other SMSU contributors...Any signees you're especially excited about?
                  i have to go through but there are some we are excited about.

I can tell you the Marshall kid, Grant Louwagie, will be a player. I have been watching MHS football for 20 years and he's the best tackler I have ever seen in a Tiger uniform. Brayden Hilgemann who is at CSP is a close 2nd as a tackler. Hopefully Grant gets gig and strong.

I'll comment more after I look closer.

Boy it really sucked not having a signing day gathering. I miss hanging out with people

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X