Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

And then to Valdosta before landin' his current position. One of the REALLY GOOD guys.
    Absolutely. I was sad to see him go, but happy for him at the same time.

Comment

That's much better.

I wasn't able to watch/listen/follow the game, but I did see a replay of Bouman to Davis on that last TD. Not sure how he caught that, honestly.

It's bitter sweet because we should be 5-2 right now, but I'll stick to focusing on the positives here. Good for the team for sticking it out and fighting for that win.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        It's bitter sweet because we should be 5-2 right now, but I'll stick to focusing on the positives here. Good for the team for sticking it out and fighting for that win.
        It's pretty crazy to think about, but it's absolutely true. Had the collapse last week against Bemidji and the no-show down in Wayne gone differently, we'd be 5-2. The remaining schedule isn't easy, but there are some winnable games.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

It's pretty crazy to think about, but it's absolutely true. Had the collapse last week against Bemidji and the no-show down in Wayne gone differently, we'd be 5-2. The remaining schedule isn't easy, but there are some winnable games.
          Yeah. In some ways it's impressive, in some ways it's disappointing. It is what it is.

CSP seems winnable, and we've done well against Moorhead lately... I think finishing 5-6 is a good way to finish.

Comment

On a quasi-unlrelated note, I checked in on Darveau to see where he's at. He always stuck with me because he went to Florida after his time here I believe.

Turns out he's now at the "other" USF.

Good for him.
            But they're getiin' crushed. Charlie Strong is wwwaaaayyyy overrated.

Comment

Good job by the Mustangs getting off the mat after last week, putting their mouthpiece back in and showing some fight Saturday. I still have no idea why we just had a 3 man rush again (like last week) on the last drive as they EASILY marched up the field. We were lucky to get that tipped pass interception and no flag.

But a win is a win.............

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Fully agree with your take on this. The recent turnover has made it seem worse.

I think Cory does a very good job with what he's got (Marshall, less scholarships, less tradition, etc)....they have been pretty decent offensively, but need to become more solid defensively..and Sauter is an offensive guy.

Was the loss bad..obviously. But they were up 24-0 in the first place....which I didn't expect. There wasn't a lot coming back this year for SMSU and they've been respectable.
                Way too much turnover on the coaching side. It is more of a institution and budget issue that an issue with Sauter. On the administration side we've had some real idiots who run coaches out for bs reasons. Tired of it and sick of the administration that hates football not allowing Sauter to excel.

Comment

That's much better.

I wasn't able to watch/listen/follow the game, but I did see a replay of Bouman to Davis on that last TD. Not sure how he caught that, honestly.

Agree. Should be 5-2 and in the thick of the talk for a MWB bid. 2013 was fun. that could have happened again but the Bemidji loss was a monumental killer. Just awful

Comment

I have to admit Boyer Bauman has played better than I expected him too. He has been a pleasant surprise and I am glad I am wrong. I did not see him being this good.

The line has actually shown much improvement the last few weeks as well.There has been decent running and better pass protection. They have improved.

The Dline has played better than expected although not great, but not awful. The coaches kill us late in games with 3 man rush. What the hell is that!????????? No way you can stop them rushing three and playing soft zone. Just crazy to keep doing that.

Credit to the players and the staff for bouncing back after the awful bemidji loss. Credit to all

Comment

• With College Gameday at the Dakota Marker Game in Brookings, I'll be curious to see how that impacts SMSU attendance. My first guess is quite significantly, albeit I think it's too late in the season to make a fair comparison with years' past. Still, if I get time I will plan to look into it.

Comment

• I went to the Dakota Marker Game yesterday, and I caught the last half-hour of College Gameday.

Some observations from yesterday:

1. It was fun watching former Mustang Michael Griffin play in a large game. I didn't check the game stats but I heard his name called a few times.

2. SDSU held Trey Lance back a bit, but he's a good QB and he got to keep his TD/INT ratio intact. This was his "homecoming," more or less.

3. The CWS beer-chug guy is apparently from Minneota and is the facilities manager at SDSU. I didn't get to see it but they had him reenact his stunt.

4. MSUM was represented by a flag in the CGD pit. Had I known I was going in advance I could have put together an SMSU sign.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a nice break from the NSIC. I tried to follow the Mustangs, but the coverage was spotty. Seemed like they made quite a drive on their last attempt but couldn't cap it off.

Comment

• That was a listless effort Saturday. Can't figure this team out

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                            That was a listless effort Saturday. Can't figure this team out
                            They broke out the double reverse pass to the QB too early..............:laugh:

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                              That was a listless effort Saturday. Can't figure this team out
                              We were down 20-14 after a lazy start and we dropped a pass in the end zone, in the 4th quarter. That just can't happen because there's so little margin for error.

Comment

• 2 thoughts.

1. Daniel Davis really good. In the top 3 to ever play wide receiver for SMSU. will be missed
                                2. Bowman had a better year thatn I would have thought

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X