Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    2 thoughts.

1. Daniel Davis really good. In the top 3 to ever play wide receiver for SMSU. will be missed
    2. Bowman had a better year thatn I would have thought
    Any chance Davis gets looks from the Sunday teams? I think it's a longshot personally, but he did play very well. It's too bad we couldn't have had him for another season or two.

I thought Bouman did well with what he had. I wasn't expecting a lot from him. What happened to Nava? I saw a while back he had tweeted his highlights from this season, gave me a feeling that we wouldn't see him back.

Comment

• Considering what my pre season expectations were for the mustangs, I thought they had a successful season imo.

Comment

• Based on preseason expectations, I guess I'm satisfied. We had some games that were hard pills to swallow in hindsight though, so it's iffy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Any chance Davis gets looks from the Sunday teams? I think it's a longshot personally, but he did play very well. It's too bad we couldn't have had him for another season or two.

I thought Bouman did well with what he had. I wasn't expecting a lot from him. What happened to Nava? I saw a while back he had tweeted his highlights from this season, gave me a feeling that we wouldn't see him back.
          I think Daniel Davis has a shot to play on Sunday. Gunner is playing for the Patriots and he is that good I would say.

He is a good route runner and has a knack for the ball. will certainly get some looks.

Comment

Nava. jeez. No idea what to think. He only played in 2 games so I assume he could get a redshirt and have 2 years left.

From what I saw in those two games he was pretty good. Had a nice arm, made some things happen. I would be ok with him as a qb in the mix next year, but I have no clue if he will return.

Comment

Based on preseason expectations, I guess I'm satisfied. We had some games that were hard pills to swallow in hindsight though, so it's iffy.
              we should have been 6-5. I thought that was attainable at the beginning of the year if some things fell our way. We choked in at least 3 games. Disappointing we couldnt finish. Given how well Boyer played, 6-5 was attainable. Pretty disappointed myself. I though the tone of the season was poor.

Comment

we should have been 6-5. I thought that was attainable at the beginning of the year if some things fell our way. We choked in at least 3 games. Disappointing we couldnt finish. Given how well Boyer played, 6-5 was attainable. Pretty disappointed myself. I though the tone of the season was poor.
                Yes. The actual execution of the season was abysmal. We gave up on too many games. It was sad, really.

Comment

Nava. jeez. No idea what to think. He only played in 2 games so I assume he could get a redshirt and have 2 years left.

From what I saw in those two games he was pretty good. Had a nice arm, made some things happen. I would be ok with him as a qb in the mix next year, but I have no clue if he will return.
                  I don't remember when he tweeted his highlights, but it was early enough in the season to really make me wonder about his future with the team. I certainly hope he stays, I enjoyed watching him play for the couple games that he did.

Comment

I think Daniel Davis has a shot to play on Sunday. Gunner is playing for the Patriots and he is that good I would say.

He is a good route runner and has a knack for the ball. will certainly get some looks.
                    He didn't seem to make a ton of waves around the league - but he was also overshadowed by guys like Zylstra. Whatever the case, he was fun to watch.

Comment

He didn't seem to make a ton of waves around the league - but he was also overshadowed by guys like Zylstra. Whatever the case, he was fun to watch.
                      Not sure what you have for expectations... He had over 100 catches ! 1400 yards. He and Zylstra -- who is getting all kinds if talk were heads and shoulders above the rest of the league at receiver.

Davis is a true slot too. fits that position well. I'm pretty sure other coaches noticed

Comment

Not sure what you have for expectations... He had over 100 catches ! 1400 yards. He and Zylstra -- who is getting all kinds if talk were heads and shoulders above the rest of the league at receiver.

Davis is a true slot too. fits that position well. I'm pretty sure other coaches noticed
                        I mean in terms of what I've heard for chatter. I don't mean to say Davis is not on Zylstra's level, just that Shane is getting a lot more buzz than Davis - from what I've heard.

I think he deserves just as much of a look. Probably haven't heard much because he is with a 3-win team.

Comment

I mean in terms of what I've heard for chatter. I don't mean to say Davis is not on Zylstra's level, just that Shane is getting a lot more buzz than Davis - from what I've heard.

I think he deserves just as much of a look. Probably haven't heard much because he is with a 3-win team.
                          Zylstyra is great. No doubt. I am not even comparing them because they are different players who would play different positions. different tools etc. one is a slot. one a wideout.

Zylstra is a stud, plain and simple. Davis is a shifty nifty receiver who makes.

I do think Davis will get some looks. we will see.

Comment

Zylstyra is great. No doubt. I am not even comparing them because they are different players who would play different positions. different tools etc. one is a slot. one a wideout.

Zylstra is a stud, plain and simple. Davis is a shifty nifty receiver who makes.

I do think Davis will get some looks. we will see.
                            I hope he does. It would be nice to finally get a player to the big time.

Comment

I hope he does. It would be nice to finally get a player to the big time.
                              We had a taste of it years ago when Bill Noethlich made it to Vikings training camp, but he didn't make it out of camp. Otherwise, it probably hasn't been since the early 1990s.

Comment

• What are people's thoughts about recruiting locally? I feel like this staff hasn't done a very good job of this through the years. Is it solely due to a talent/size/speed gap, or is there not enough of an emphasis placed on bringing in kids closer to home? Maybe it's a non-issue for some, but I feel like this program could do a better job in this area of recruiting. Just as an example, we have a program 10 miles down the road that has won 4 state titles in the last 10 years, yet the previous two coaching staffs have only signed a total of one player from that school in 16 years combined. I know some kids just choose to go elsewhere and that not everyone is cut out for D2 football, but I feel like they would consider it if the coaching staff seriously considered them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X