Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 SMSU Mustangs: Let's ride!

New season upcoming, so best to make a new thread so certain people can stop complaining.

Should be an interesting season, not sure what to expect.

Re: 2019 SMSU Mustangs: Let's ride!

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    New season upcoming, so best to make a new thread so certain people can stop complaining.

Should be an interesting season, not sure what to expect.
    Not my fault certain people are lost in time.

Comment

Did you see the latest "Mustang Minute"? Sauter stated that they just signed a big recruit that will help them this coming Fall. Encouraging. Maybe we'll get a RB,WR, and DB coach soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post
        Did you see the latest "Mustang Minute"? Sauter stated that they just signed a big recruit that will help them this coming Fall. Encouraging. Maybe we'll get a RB,WR, and DB coach soon too.
        I'll be honest, I have kinda tuned out listening to those. Watched the first week or so, but only one or two since.

Comment

I'll be honest, I have kinda tuned out listening to those. Watched the first week or so, but only one or two since.
          watch them all. takes 1 minute

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
            watch them all. takes 1 minute

It's not daily, academy award winning footage but at least Coach Sauter is making an effort to engage the fan base and recruits. #letsride

Comment

Comment

In some ways, I feel like it's the end of an era. Not just of Gimbel, but the run of QBs we've had, from Shudlick to Ratekin to Peschong to Kern to Gimbel (that's 14 years!). Maybe one of the guys this year will pick up where they left off, but I kinda have my doubts.

Comment

In some ways, I feel like it's the end of an era. Not just of Gimbel, but the run of QBs we've had, from Shudlick to Ratekin to Peschong to Kern to Gimbel (that's 14 years!). Maybe one of the guys this year will pick up where they left off, but I kinda have my doubts.
                  After watching the Spring Game, I'm concerned. Maybe this is the year to lean heavily on the running game.

Comment

I think ultimately the qb play will be good this fall. Weve had a nice run and I think it continues

Comment

Looking forward to year 2 of the Hiller Oline - expecting big things this year.

Comment

Looking at the roster, a name caught my eye in transfer WR Orlando Wallace. After some research, I see he was the leading receiver at Dixie State in 2016 and 2017. Transferred before last season, but can't find any details about it.

Comment

Looking at the roster, a name caught my eye in transfer WR Orlando Wallace. After some research, I see he was the leading receiver at Dixie State in 2016 and 2017. Transferred before last season, but can't find any details about it.
                          Are you saying he transferred before McClure? I was about to say it makes sense because McClure hired on, but he may have made the move prior to??

Also, I agree about the Mustang minute (a previous post). It's obviously low cost, but it keeps people informed and is getting some attention for the program. I had lunch with one of the RMAC coaches in early July, who asked me about it and said he thought it was pretty cool. Wouldn't be surprised to see other programs implement a similar idea.:laugh:

Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by DAWGS View Post
                            Are you saying he transferred before McClure? I was about to say it makes sense because McClure hired on, but he may have made the move prior to??
                            Oh, I worded that poorly. He transferred away from Dixie before last season, but I never found a landing spot. I'd guess he's here because of McClure.

Comment

Oh, I worded that poorly. He transferred away from Dixie before last season, but I never found a landing spot. I'd guess he's here because of McClure.
                              :good:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X