• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 SMSU Mustangs: Let's ride!

Let's Ride

Comment

As we get closer, I have some preliminary thoughts. We have a tough schedule and we need the defense to be very good as we will be different without that stuff qb for the first time in 15 years.

I think our o line will be much better,'

I think our defense will be much better.

I can see anywhere from 3-8 to 6-5

Given our scholarship numbers if we go better than 6-5 that would be pretty amazing in the South

Comment

It was tucked away in the press release for the All-University Discussion, but SMSU is looking into adding an eSports program as well as an ACHA Ice Hockey program. I'm not aware of the specifics of either, but I can't imagine that they would impact football funding at all.

I just figured I'd share here instead of starting a new thread.

Comment

Comment

Love the new Brown Uniforms

Comment

Marshall Wal-Mart was having a great sale on Mustang apparel yesterday. I even bought some.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                Marshall Wal-Mart was having a great sale on Mustang apparel yesterday. I even bought some.
                WhyMart? How embarrassin' for you. Good thing you're not a local.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

WhyMart? How embarrassin' for you. Good thing you're not a local.
                  I have a buddy who used to play football for the Mustangs- back in 1973. He had a hard time finding anything in brown and gold when he would stop. Like Stanger said, they are going back to their actual colors so I got some for him. It should make him happy.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

As we get closer, I have some preliminary thoughts. We have a tough schedule and we need the defense to be very good as we will be different without that stuff qb for the first time in 15 years.

I think our o line will be much better,'

I think our defense will be much better.

I can see anywhere from 3-8 to 6-5

Given our scholarship numbers if we go better than 6-5 that would be pretty amazing in the South
                    Looking at the schedule, I don't see 3 wins, much less 6. This may be a rebuilding year unless we have a few breakout stars on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Watched the SDSU/MN Gopher game on Thursday, Michael Griffen who played his first 2 yrs at SMSU and then transferred to SDSU, had to sit a season, was their starting FS on defense. He always thought he was better then D2, worked hard, and proved he was right....good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by sabre View Post
                        Watched the SDSU/MN Gopher game on Thursday, Michael Griffen who played his first 2 yrs at SMSU and then transferred to SDSU, had to sit a season, was their starting FS on defense. He always thought he was better then D2, worked hard, and proved he was right....good for him.
                        Agreed. Good for him for chasing his dream to play on a bigger stage.

Comment

Comment

He originally verballed with Northern Iowa on a half ride, they pulled back at the very last second and left him hanging. Northern Iowa has a bad reputation for doing that, not sure why they f with kids like that. SMSU had some previous contact with his HS through other recruits and jumped at the chance to offer him something. Grades might of been a factor, but I don't have knowledge of that being an issue.

Comment

He originally verballed with Northern Iowa on a half ride, they pulled back at the very last second and left him hanging. Northern Iowa has a bad reputation for doing that, not sure why they f with kids like that. SMSU had some previous contact with his HS through other recruits and jumped at the chance to offer him something. Grades might of been a factor, but I don't have knowledge of that being an issue.

Comment

I thought I posted this earlier, but is the SMSU vs Mankato not televised? I usually am able to watch on the ROKU app, but there is no listing (at least as of yesterday). Has anyone got insight into how to watch this one?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X