Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
    So will Nava be back on Saturday Mustang fans??? Or will we see someone else?
    I believe Nava will start. I think Bauman is also back so both might play

Comment

So after 3 games, our opponents are averaging 337 rushing yards per game! While, SMSU is averaging only 18 yards rushing per game! I can't believe how God-Awful that is. I know Mankato and Sioux falls are traditionally strong teams but we didn't fare any better against WSC. Please get out of the 3-4 defense and do whatever it takes to establish the running game on offense.

These next 2 games (Upper Iowa and Minot) will decide the trajectory of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post
        So after 3 games, our opponents are averaging 337 rushing yards per game! While, SMSU is averaging only 18 yards rushing per game! I can't believe how God-Awful that is. I know Mankato and Sioux falls are traditionally strong teams but we didn't fare any better against WSC. Please get out of the 3-4 defense and do whatever it takes to establish the running game on offense.

These next 2 games (Upper Iowa and Minot) will decide the trajectory of the season.
        Unfortuneatly, for 2 years in a row now, the even "earlier trajectory game" has been with Wayne State, and SMSU has dropped that game both years. Realizing that in order to get a winning season we have to typically beat the non-upper tier teams in the south division (Wayne certainly being one of them) and defeat the beatable teams in the weaker North division. We have come out two years in a row now and played Kato tough. Holding our own. Then for 2 years in a row we have dropped the Wayne State game, which has been a huge opportunity for momentum forward in both years. Beating the nationally ranked teams in the South will happen occasionally, but rarely. I agree with "212" - if SMSU loses the next two weeks, we will be lucky to get a win the rest of the way. Getting healthy at QB, would help.

Comment

Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post

I hate to beat a dead horse (pun intended?) and you fans likely already know this, but to me this remains SMSU's glaring weakness. The guys up front are just not there.

I was shocked with how easily the Coo O-line blew off the SMSU D-line watching Saturday and frankly, it was the exact same way when I played 6 years ago. And I was an undersized o-lineman. This is likely all systematic with the lower number of scholarships affecting recruiting. But man, if you guys could ever get a team to compliment some of the skill guys and offenses you've put together, it'd be fun. Hope y'all can piece it together in the future. As a SWMN native I really hope the USF-SMSU games blossom, especially with Augie leaving.
          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by DAWGS View Post

Unfortuneatly, for 2 years in a row now, the even "earlier trajectory game" has been with Wayne State, and SMSU has dropped that game both years. Realizing that in order to get a winning season we have to typically beat the non-upper tier teams in the south division (Wayne certainly being one of them) and defeat the beatable teams in the weaker North division. We have come out two years in a row now and played Kato tough. Holding our own. Then for 2 years in a row we have dropped the Wayne State game, which has been a huge opportunity for momentum forward in both years. Beating the nationally ranked teams in the South will happen occasionally, but rarely. I agree with "212" - if SMSU loses the next two weeks, we will be lucky to get a win the rest of the way. Getting healthy at QB, would help.
            correct

Comment

Originally posted by DAWGS View Post

Agreed. It's tough sledding after these 2 games. I think Upper Iowa and Minot are in the same boat and are thinking the game vs. SMSU is a must-win too.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

I hate to beat a dead horse (pun intended?) and you fans likely already know this, but to me this remains SMSU's glaring weakness. The guys up front are just not there.

I was shocked with how easily the Coo O-line blew off the SMSU D-line watching Saturday and frankly, it was the exact same way when I played 6 years ago. And I was an undersized o-lineman. This is likely all systematic with the lower number of scholarships affecting recruiting. But man, if you guys could ever get a team to compliment some of the skill guys and offenses you've put together, it'd be fun. Hope y'all can piece it together in the future. As a SWMN native I really hope the USF-SMSU games blossom, especially with Augie leaving.
                Yup. I saw that during the game. Both lines (DL and OL) were just manhandled. We appeared confident that we had 3 starting OLineman returning but the rushing performance seems the same as last year. The DLine (if you look at the roster/weights) just seems too small. That has to be a point of emphasis going forward.

Comment

Is it a bad sign when the rushing offense is the second worst in Division II and the rushing defense is the worst in Division II?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                    Is it a bad sign when the rushing offense is the second worst in Division II and the rushing defense is the worst in Division II?
                    Not for everyone.

Comment

Yup................

Comment

A win's a win, but the stats page made this one look kind of ugly.

Still, four rushing TDs including a big Max Simmons run and two from the freshman Duce Reynolds is nice. I bet that Pick 6 was sweet too.

Comment

A win's a win I suppose. There was no live stats for the bulk of the game and I couldn't get the feed to work, so all I have is the Twitter updates.

Sounded a little rocky though... Where is Nava? Why are they running with both Boyer and Herrera? Sounded like Herrera did have a really nice 49-yard TD pass though. And another Duce TD.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                            Sounded a little rocky though... Where is Nava? Why are they running with both Boyer and Herrera? Sounded like Herrera did have a really nice 49-yard TD pass though. And another Duce TD.
                            Guessing Nava's still hurt?

Comment

Guessing Nava's still hurt?
                              Boyer started, got banged up, Herrera came in in relief, then Boyer finished.

Comment

Carter Kirk was listed in the XFL Draft Pool.

I think it's a longshot, but still very awesome. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X