X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NewStangFan View Post
    I would assume the player morale will take a hit again after the Bemidji game but hopefully they can look ahead and build on what they did right the first 3 quarters. Who would have thought they would ever be up 24-0 in that game? In Sauter's radio interview, he didn't want to talk about the silver lining in the game (except with the quarterback). I guess I find that a little concerning and am hoping it was just emotions talking, otherwise the St Cloud game will be pretty tough indeed. The turnover of coaches imo is most likely the key to turning the program around. If the coaches aren't buying into the program (and each other), how do they expect the players to do so with a revolving door of coaches each year? Perhaps the NCAA should make it just as difficult for coaches to transfer as they do for the players.

Leave a comment:

• NewStangFan
    replied
    I would assume the player morale will take a hit again after the Bemidji game but hopefully they can look ahead and build on what they did right the first 3 quarters. Who would have thought they would ever be up 24-0 in that game? In Sauter's radio interview, he didn't want to talk about the silver lining in the game (except with the quarterback). I guess I find that a little concerning and am hoping it was just emotions talking, otherwise the St Cloud game will be pretty tough indeed. The turnover of coaches imo is most likely the key to turning the program around. If the coaches aren't buying into the program (and each other), how do they expect the players to do so with a revolving door of coaches each year? Perhaps the NCAA should make it just as difficult for coaches to transfer as they do for the players.
    Last edited by NewStangFan; 10-14-2019, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 212 Degrees
    replied
    SMSU should never be cut from the league. But I'm concerned about Sauter's future and the number of so many GA's as position coaches. I know it's a budget issue but with another loss like this (along with the high turnover rate of players & coaches), I wonder what's the long-term future/plans for the program.

The last few drives looked like a easy 7 on 7 tourney and resembled the Wayne St. loss. I have no idea how a WR got that open in the middle of the field, BEHIND DEFENDERS, on the last play. I wonder about the team morale after this sting.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    I do not understand going for it on 4th down instead of punting the ball on the last possession. Also, don't try to make a substitution from all the way across the field- the big lineman can't make that sprint in time. Don't do the work of the other team for them.

Second game in a row for Bemidji to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Brutal embarrassing loss. Unacceptable in every way.

and to make it worse 2nd one this year in this fashion.

nothing worth commenting about anymore as it is nothing but misery.

Later

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by sabre View Post
    I realize it's hard to find decent coaches but for Sauter to still have a job is a joke. His record (especially against the south) is horrible, extremely high turn-over of coaches, and worse is the continual transfer and just plain quitting of players. If the NSIC ever considers cutting teams, SMSU should be one of them. For this game to be lost with a 24-0 lead with 10 min to go in the 4th is nothing short of ridiculous. Sauter is pathetic.
    The NSIC will consider cutting SMSU when pigs learn how to freeze hell over. There's absolutely no logical reason they would consider doing that just because our football team isn't great. You make it sound like we're the worst team in history, which is far from the truth. Why come into our thread and say something like that? What kind of response are you hoping to get?

Also, would you mind elaborating on that weird beef you have with our coach? I could go ahead and pull up stat after stat to prove how he's objectively one of the better coaches in SMSU history, but I don't think that will do much good here.

Leave a comment:

• sabre
    replied
    I realize it's hard to find decent coaches but for Sauter to still have a job is a joke. His record (especially against the south) is horrible, extremely high turn-over of coaches, and worse is the continual transfer and just plain quitting of players. If the NSIC ever considers cutting teams, SMSU should be one of them. For this game to be lost with a 24-0 lead with 10 min to go in the 4th is nothing short of ridiculous. Sauter is pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    That was embarrassing.

I'm kind of excited to see what sort of excuses we'll get, though. That should be fun... albeit, the only acceptable one (in my opinion) is that it was an active decision to send the Beavers home with a win after our homecoming game.

I get that school morale, loyalty, spirit etc., kind of wains when you attend a school like SMSU, but good god can't we at least have a little pride in ourselves? It's homecoming for godsakes...

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Carter Kirk was listed in the XFL Draft Pool.

I think it's a longshot, but still very awesome. Best of luck to him.

Leave a comment:

• DAWGS
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Guessing Nava's still hurt?
    Boyer started, got banged up, Herrera came in in relief, then Boyer finished.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Sounded a little rocky though... Where is Nava? Why are they running with both Boyer and Herrera? Sounded like Herrera did have a really nice 49-yard TD pass though. And another Duce TD.
    Guessing Nava's still hurt?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    A win's a win I suppose. There was no live stats for the bulk of the game and I couldn't get the feed to work, so all I have is the Twitter updates.

Sounded a little rocky though... Where is Nava? Why are they running with both Boyer and Herrera? Sounded like Herrera did have a really nice 49-yard TD pass though. And another Duce TD.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    A win's a win, but the stats page made this one look kind of ugly.

Still, four rushing TDs including a big Max Simmons run and two from the freshman Duce Reynolds is nice. I bet that Pick 6 was sweet too.

Leave a comment:

• 212 Degrees
    replied
    Is it a bad sign when the rushing offense is the second worst in Division II and the rushing defense is the worst in Division II?

Yup................

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Is it a bad sign when the rushing offense is the second worst in Division II and the rushing defense is the worst in Division II?
    Not for everyone.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X