Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell of a game today for the Paddle and I'm so proud of the Dragons for coming out with the victory. Great decision going for the win on 4th down, considering Mary's offense, which would make OT dicey. Really gutsy football out there today.

Really feels good being back at .500 with more games at Nemzek. I think the biggest bright spot today was the ground game. Still a lot of passing, but good seeing a better balance.

I was also happy to see the Gophers, coincidently, beating Maryland. First time I was able to enjoy a Gophers win and a Dragon win on the same day this season.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
      Hell of a game today for the Paddle and I'm so proud of the Dragons for coming out with the victory. Great decision going for the win on 4th down, considering Mary's offense, which would make OT dicey. Really gutsy football out there today.

Really feels good being back at .500 with more games at Nemzek. I think the biggest bright spot today was the ground game. Still a lot of passing, but good seeing a better balance.

I was also happy to see the Gophers, coincidently, beating Maryland. First time I was able to enjoy a Gophers win and a Dragon win on the same day this season.
      Great game, congrats on the win. Marauders D lets them down again, unbelievable run defence. No words, UMary's next 3 games are winnable, hoping to go 5-6 with some momentum into next year, anything less would be a disappointment.

Comment

Saw Moorhead used a different kicker and made all 5 PATs. anyone know why they were using the backup qb the last few games?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
          Saw Moorhead used a different kicker and made all 5 PATs. anyone know why they were using the backup qb the last few games?
          Not sure what the deal is. Maybe Garret Meehl (backup QB) had just been looking the best during practices.
          • @ SMSU, Andy Peterson, 38 yard attempt, blocked. Made 3 of 5 PATs.
          • Vs. WSU, Garret Meehl, made 1 of 2 PATs.
          • @ Aug, Garret Meehl, 37 yard attempt, good. Made 2 of 2 PATs.
          • Vs. UIU, Garret Meehl, 29 yard attempt, good. 32 yard attempt, blocked. made 2 of 2 PATs.
          • Vs. UMD, Garret Meehl, made 3 of 3 PATs.
          • @ MSU, Garret Meehl, 27 yard attempt, missed. Made 3 of 3 PATs.
          • @ BSU, Garret Meehl, 30 yard attempt, good. 26 yard attempt, good. 32 yard attempt, missed. 40 yard attempt, blocked. Made 1 of 2 PATs.
          • Vs. Mary, Ryan Riedel, made 5 of 5 PATs.
          Meehl was still doing the kickoffs Vs. Mary so I'm guessing it's not an injury thing.

Comment

Nothern at Moorhead should be one of the tighter games Saturday. Dragons would like to burn the Wolves playoff chances.

Comment

Dragons kept fighting all game long and kept this one within reach but once again fell short. I feel like outside of the Augustana game, MSUM has had shots to win their games and but just couldn't pull it off.
              • Vs. Winona State: MSUM led 13-6 into the fourth quarter and got a turnover when the Warriors were in the redzone, but couldn't close it out.
              • Vs. Minnesota Duluth. MSUM led 21-20, but allowed a last second touchdown resulting in a loss.
              • @ Bemidji State. Built a 19-0 lead but allowed the Beavers to come back to win, including a last minute touchown.
              • Vs. Northern State. Tied 10-10 and down just one with a 17-16 score in the third but just couldn't keep pace. Tried to come back and got within a touchdown but still fell short.

It's been pretty tough road with those kind of games. Happy to be competitive in the matchups, but disappointing to fall short when some of those were really winnable. Hoping the experience and growth the team has had this season helps them put together some great performances in the next two weeks.

Two opportunities are ahead to still get a winning record and it'd be great to see.

Comment

Wasn't the most productive offensive performance Saturday but the defense was phenomenal for the Dragons against Concordia. According to MSUM's website, this was the fewest points allowed since a shutout against Mary in 2015.

With Saturday's stats added, Tommy Falk now has 2,650 yards and 18 touchdowns on the year. Pretty solid start, really happy to have a player like that going forward.

Now comes the season finale with a winning season on the line. It's going to be a really tough task, Wayne State has taken down two NSIC blue bloods this year and is dangerous. Still, hoping the Dragons can rally, with the game being at home, and pull off the win.

Laqua has a pretty good track record in the final game of the season, too. Since 2014, he's 5-1 in the regular season finale. His teams have won the last game in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019.

Comment

Also really hoping for good outcomes this weekend. This is the LAST chance for a Trifecta in Football this season. A Trifecta for me is a weekend with a Gophers win, a Dragons win and a Vikings win on the same weekend. So far, it hasn't happened.
                  • Sept. 2-5: Dragons WON vs SMSU, Gophers LOST to Ohio State, Vikings BYE
                  • Sept. 11-12: Dragons LOST to Winona State, Gophers WON vs Miami OH, Vikings LOST to Cincinnati
                  • Sept. 18-19: Dragons LOST to Augustana, Gophers WON vs Colorado, Vikings LOST to Arizona
                  • Sept. 25-26: Dragons WON vs Upper Iowa, Gophers LOST to Bowling Green, Vikings WON vs Seattle
                  • Oct. 2-3: Dragons LOST to Minnesota Duluth, Gophers WON vs Purdue, Vikings LOST to Cleveland
                  • Oct. 9-10: Dragons WON vs Minot State, Gophers BYE , Vikings WON vs Detroit
                  • Oct. 16-17: Dragons LOST to Bemidji State, Gophers WON vs Nebraska, Vikings WON vs Carolina
                  • Oct. 23-24: Dragons WON vs UMary, Gophers WON vs Maryland, Vikings BYE
                  • Oct. 30-31: Dragons LOST to Northern State, Gophers WON vs Northwestern, Vikings LOST to Dallas
                  • Nov. 6-7: Dragons WON vs Concordia SP, Gophers LOST to Illinois, Vikings LOST to Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
                    Also really hoping for good outcomes this weekend. This is the LAST chance for a Trifecta in Football this season. A Trifecta for me is a weekend with a Gophers win, a Dragons win and a Vikings win on the same weekend. So far, it hasn't happened.
                    • Sept. 2-5: Dragons WON vs SMSU, Gophers LOST to Ohio State, Vikings BYE
                    • Sept. 11-12: Dragons LOST to Winona State, Gophers WON vs Miami OH, Vikings LOST to Cincinnati
                    • Sept. 18-19: Dragons LOST to Augustana, Gophers WON vs Colorado, Vikings LOST to Arizona
                    • Sept. 25-26: Dragons WON vs Upper Iowa, Gophers LOST to Bowling Green, Vikings WON vs Seattle
                    • Oct. 2-3: Dragons LOST to Minnesota Duluth, Gophers WON vs Purdue, Vikings LOST to Cleveland
                    • Oct. 9-10: Dragons WON vs Minot State, Gophers BYE , Vikings WON vs Detroit
                    • Oct. 16-17: Dragons LOST to Bemidji State, Gophers WON vs Nebraska, Vikings WON vs Carolina
                    • Oct. 23-24: Dragons WON vs UMary, Gophers WON vs Maryland, Vikings BYE
                    • Oct. 30-31: Dragons LOST to Northern State, Gophers WON vs Northwestern, Vikings LOST to Dallas
                    • Nov. 6-7: Dragons WON vs Concordia SP, Gophers LOST to Illinois, Vikings LOST to Baltimore.
                    My trifecta is Augustana, Iowa State and MN Vikings.

Yes, I've had 2 trifectas weekends. Perhaps this is your week.

I've followed the MN Vikings since 1969 at 11 yrs. old. t

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

My trifecta is Augustana, Iowa State and MN Vikings.

Yes, I've had 2 trifectas weekends. Perhaps this is your week.

I've been a MN Vikings fan since I was about 3 years old in 1972, when my father came home from a business trip and gave me a Vikings helmet and football.

I bleed purple, and unfortunately, I bleed often.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I've been a MN Vikings fan since I was about 3 years old in 1972, when my father came home from a business trip and gave me a Vikings helmet and football.

I was at the Seahawks playoff game when Walsh missed the easy field goal at the end. I honestly started to laugh, at 36 I have learned to just enjoy the few moments of excitement because you know its gonna come crashing down soon

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I was at the Seahawks playoff game when Walsh missed the easy field goal at the end. I honestly started to laugh, at 36 I have learned to just enjoy the few moments of excitement because you know its gonna come crashing down soon
                          Ugh, I just had a bad feeling that whole game.

I began my Vikings fandom at about the same age, was 10 for the 1998 Moss breakout season and that got me hooked, and it also broke my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I've been a MN Vikings fan since I was about 3 years old in 1972, when my into father came home from a business trip and gave me a Vikings helmet and football.

We would get home from a fast food family meal on Sundays after church, I would haul our oversized small screen black and white TV my bedroom, adjust the rabbit ears and watch the Viks. They broke my tender young heart losing to the Chiefs in the 1970 Super Bowl.

To be a Viking fans is living with heartache and pain. So many big losses at the hands of Viking kickers.

Comment

Disappointing way to lose a season finale in a year with a lot of frustrating losses. Of the six losses this year for the Dragons, four were by less than six points, including two by just three points. Plus, in the Winona State game, the Dragons were leading for much of the match.

I'm glad MSUM was still able to win five games in the ones they were "supposed to win," but it's rough having so many chances to get a win in those other six and falling short.

I am happy that we'll have Falk throwing the ball for years to come. He has some good experience under his belt and I'm looking forward to what he can do next year.

Comment

Falk looked good for a freshman. Good future.

Bresnahan will be a huge loss.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X