Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some perspective from the opponent this week.
    Argus Leader: University of Sioux Falls football team determined to end trend of season-opener struggles.

Comment

From the Fargo-Moorhead Forum:
      Dragons LB Josiah Behm has thirst for knowledge that translates to football field

Comment

Dom Izzo of Fargo ABC affiliate WDAY is predicting a 6-5 record for the Dragons
        MSUM brings back Jamestown's Tommy Falk at quarterback with a roster that is loaded with local talent. The Dragons have tests early in the schedule, including at Duluth, but if they can find a way to win two of those [close] games they lost last year, I see a winning season coming to Moorhead.

Finally gameday. Great moments are born from great opportunity...

Comment

Tough loss to open the season. Figured it was going to be an uphill battle and that’s certainly what it was. Sioux Fall’s looked really methodical on offense, and certainly contained the Dragons offense. Cougars just have our number I guess, seems we can’t even lose to them close. Even our best team in recent history, 2018, lost by quite a bit. Big opportunity to get into the win column next week, need to take advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post

Definitely. One thing to note is being the bigger of the two cities, Fargo is going to have more options. Also, the MSU campus is kind of tucked away in a residential area of the city, so it's not really within walking distance of restaurants other than fast food.
            • If you're thinking of hitting up a brewery, I'd go with Drekker in Fargo or Junkyard in Moorhead
            • For BBQ, my favorite place in F-M is the Spitfire Bar and Grill.
            • If you want pizza, Spicy Pie is by far my favorite. You can buy big NY style pizza by the slice and they have beer on tap.
            • If in the mood for Mexican, I'd go with Paradiso. Good menu and margaritas.
            • If you want sort of a traditional bar and grill location, a favorite of mine is the Old Broadway in downtown Fargo. Historic spot with good food
            • Another bar/grill option is Lucky 13's Pub, it's in the west acres area of Fargo
            • Also, if you suddenly change your mind and want hot drinks instead of cold, Sandy's Donuts and Coffee Shop is a good option. Usually they'll make special donuts with school colors during football season for MSU, NDSU and Concordia.
            Hit Old Broadway for a late lunch. Excellent recommendation

Comment

Tough loss to open the season. Figured it was going to be an uphill battle and that’s certainly what it was. Sioux Fall’s looked really methodical on offense, and certainly contained the Dragons offense. Cougars just have our number I guess, seems we can’t even lose to them close. Even our best team in recent history, 2018, lost by quite a bit. Big opportunity to get into the win column next week, need to take advantage.
              You played well imo. Everyone in this league better pay attention to you, because you are a solid team!

Comment

Nice job by Ryan Reidel as the kicker

Comment

Moorhead o Line was not good. If they can fix that they can win some games

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post

Hit Old Broadway for a late lunch. Excellent recommendation
                    Great! It's a cool place and downtown Fargo is a nice place to hang out.

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

You played well imo. Everyone in this league better pay attention to you, because you are a solid team!
                    Thanks! I think the Dragons can certainly put together a winning season this year. I'm not expecting post season play but I am hoping for an upset at some point.

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                    Moorhead o Line was not good. If they can fix that they can win some games
                    Yeah if they can manage to buy time for Falk he should be able to move the ball well.

Comment

Happy to be in the win column, but man, I was sweating at the end of that one last night. Certainly a rough start, getting behind on the scoreboard early but I'm happy with the resiliency to come back and get the win. I think the elements didn't make it easy, either, looked like miserable weather there so I'm glad MSUM was able to get of their with a win considering it was on the road.

On to another super tough opponent next week. Hoping for an upset.

Comment

Finally had a weekend where the Dragons, Gophers and Vikings all won in the same weekend. First time since 2019. Plus rivals Bemidji State, Mary, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Detroit and Green Bay all lost. What a ride!

Comment

From the Fargo-Moorhead Forum: 'He cares': Dragons receiver Gage Florence off to fast start with MSUM set to host No. 13 Augustana
                          The Dragons (1-1) play No. 13-ranked Augustana (2-0) at noon Saturday at Alex Nemzek Stadium in Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference football.

“We’re up for any challenge brought to us,” Florence said. “We’re a good close-knit group of guys. It’s going to be a fun one against a good opponent.”

Comment

Wasn't able to watch the game but followed the score on my phone. Tough to see the Dragons get thrashed like that, at least they avoided a shutout. Augustana lived up to their ranking, though, clearly. Have to hope for a bounce back against Winona State next week and get things to .500.

Comment

Wasn't able to watch the game but followed the score on my phone. Tough to see the Dragons get thrashed like that, at least they avoided a shutout. Augustana lived up to their ranking, though, clearly. Have to hope for a bounce back against Winona State next week and get things to .500.
                              I was at the game. Augie is really good, Both lines are huge.

Moorhead made zero attempt to run the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I was at the game. Augie is really good, Both lines are huge.

Moorhead made zero attempt to run the ball.
                                Yeah, we're basically an air raid offense at this point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X