Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

UMD over UIU 41-14. Larson for UMD 22-33 for 447yds/6 TD. Young QB from UIU showed flashes but struggled. UMD came out ready- unimpressive 2nd half, but not terrible considering game was never in reach. Next week should be fun.

Comment

Welcome to the NSIC Mike Schmidt
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

I'm somewhat optimistic after watching the 2nd half of the UIU game. Larson real deal and will be a force for Duluth this year. UIU is young and looked it in first half, but played well in second half, had some nice defensive stops and moved the ball. Freshman QB looked ok, but could tell freshman, missed wide open WR in end zone in first half and was high on a lot of balls, but also hit some nice ones. Camacho the freshman RB is quick and had some great runs. D was horrid first half, but pretty solid only giving up 7 in second half. Overall, I'm optimistic, tough opponent to start with and they showed youth in 1H, but proud of the effort in 2H when it could have gotten really out of hand!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
              Wish there was a better camera angle on that PI call in the end zone
              There were no good camera angles for most of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

There were no good camera angles for most of the game.
                I learned that very quickly when I tuned in at the end. Woof.

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                2016 NSIC Champions
                πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

I was hoping for a moral victory coming into the game, but still come out of the OT loss with disappointment. NSU looked much better than I anticipated and Mankato is not as good as they have been. The Wolves had far too many penalties. Tonight was a good sign of things to come. Hopefully NSU will build of this performance and not have a let down after a disappointing loss.

Comment

Just got back from a rainy evening at the Bob.

The Beavers offense looked rusty the 1st quarter but then started to click. The Coo offense looked rusty until the end of the 3rd quarter before they started clicking.

Ultimately, Bemidji won the turnover battle which was the deciding factor in the game. USF coughed up the ball twice in the red zone which both times the Beavers were able to take advantage of and score. Then they fumbled a third time as they were driving and had a chance to tie the game, which allowed Bemidji to run out the clock and win.

Congrats Bemidji. You were the better team tonight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                        I was hoping for a moral victory coming into the game, but still come out of the OT loss with disappointment. NSU looked much better than I anticipated and Mankato is not as good as they have been. The Wolves had far too many penalties. Tonight was a good sign of things to come. Hopefully NSU will build of this performance and not have a let down after a disappointing loss.
                        Despite the loss NSU played an impressive road game against the #2 team in the country. New coach, new stadium and great fans means good things to come for the Wolves.

Comment

Looks like my "upset" pick for BSU turned out right. I rarely get those correct!

Not sure what to make of WSU tonight. They looked really good. I just don't know if that was in part due to CSP's struggles or if the Warriors can play at this level all year. Lots to like from the game though!

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                            Looks like my "upset" pick for BSU turned out right. I rarely get those correct!

Not sure what to make of WSU tonight. They looked really good. I just don't know if that was in part due to CSP's struggles or if the Warriors can play at this level all year. Lots to like from the game though!
                            Glad to hear WSU dominated. I expect WSU to be one of three NSIC teams that make the playoffs this season. Mankato, Duluth, USF and Augie should all be worried about this WSU team. Experience at QB is going to be critical this season and Winona has one of the most experienced QBs in the conference. Can't wait for that Duluth game.

Comment

Northern played well and probably should have won. Things went the Mavs way late- QB throws a pass, it gets batted back at him, he catches it and gets the first down. Kickoff is fumbled and Mavs get it. Mavs line up for the FG, Northern calls a TO, Hoffner changes the call on 4th and 1 and gets the game winning TD. That game would make coffee nervous.

If you don't like how Caleb Slezer runs deport yourself to Kabul. He had around 150 yards and not only pulled away on the long TD run to start the game, but was like a battering ram who refused to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                                Northern played well and probably should have won. Things went the Mavs way late- QB throws a pass, it gets batted back at him, he catches it and gets the first down. Kickoff is fumbled and Mavs get it. Mavs line up for the FG, Northern calls a TO, Hoffner changes the call on 4th and 1 and gets the game winning TD. That game would make coffee nervous.

If you don't like how Caleb Slezer runs deport yourself to Kabul. He had around 150 yards and not only pulled away on the long TD run to start the game, but was like a battering ram who refused to go down.
                                Sleezer is going to be a good one. He was fun to watch last night.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X