Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otis Day
    replied
    Thanks for starting this Tundra. Looking forward to next Thursday. It's weirdly freeing to have basically zero expectations. I think we have the talent to be a playoff team. But is the experience there yet? Can we eliminate stupid and costly mistakes that have plagued the Coach A era?

Things I'd like to see in 2021:

-Special teams fixes was at the top of my list as well. All new guys. Probably good. Can't be worse than the 2019 experience.

-Can our defense maintain it's presence as one of the better units in the league? Losing Coach Benedetto from 2019 is a big loss but we tend to reload on this side of the ball.

-Speaking of losing coaches, longtime S&C Coach Mathers joined Benedetto down I-65 from me at Samford. Happy to see these guys have success and move up. Unknown as to how it'll affect the program.

-Thuro Reisdorfer is back in the backfield. I like that. A lot. As for his OL, not sure what to expect from these guys this year. We were the second best rushing offense in 2019 behind Mankato. Can we keep that up and take pressure of a new QB? Or will it take a few games for the offense to gel?

-And of course new QB. I was excited about the Jaice Miller signing a few years back but it came down to Adam Mullen or Josh Swanson with Coach A naming Mullen the starter on Wednesday. Both are young (Mullen a RS-Fr, Swanson a Sophomore) so I like that we could get some consistency if one has staying power the next few years. No idea what to expect behind center or how long the leash will be if he struggles. Walters actually didn't win the spot outta camp in 2018. Mitch Martin did but after an awful first half of the first game to start the season, they made the switch and Martin really turned into solid QB for the Coo. Coach A doesn't ask his offense to be too wild and creative (much to my dismay at times) so Mullen won't have to be Lorenzo Brown back there. But it goes without saying we're really going to need serviceable QB play to have a decent season. Coach A on Adam Mullen after making the decision to start him next week:

We've had some great games with BSU the past few seasons, looking forward to Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    started a topic University of Sioux Falls 2021

University of Sioux Falls 2021

Might as well get a thread going for this season.

Like pretty much every D2 team, I have no idea what to expect. So many new players that I know nothing about, and so much rust on everyone will make this an interesting season. At this point my biggest hope is that the Coo doesn't break their 26 year winning season streak. Let's make it 27, boys!

I also wouldn't mind it if they corrected the 2019 special teams fiascos that plagued us that whole year and lost us a few games.

Kelo did a nice spot on the team this morning: https://www.keloland.com/sports/its-...otball-season/

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X