Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC - Week 2 Chat

Might as well get the chat thread going for the week.

I think the obvious game of the week is Mankato at Duluth. In past seasons I think this would be an easier call to say Mankato would likely win, but this season who knows? Just not enough data yet, especially with a year off.

The other game that I'm having a hard time picking is on the opposite end of the spectrum. UIU @ Concordia. Neither team had much positive going on last Thursday, so for me it's a toss-up. I picked the Golden Bears simply because they're at home.

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I think the obvious game of the week is Mankato at Duluth. In past seasons I think this would be an easier call to say Mankato would likely win, but this season who knows? Just not enough data yet, especially with a year off.

The other game that I'm having a hard time picking is on the opposite end of the spectrum. UIU @ Concordia. Neither team had much positive going on last Thursday, so for me it's a toss-up. I picked the Golden Bears simply because they're at home.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Looking forward to both the games you call out here. It will be a good test for both UMD and MSU who are seemingly in different places (based on week 1 results). Going to wait until later in the week to pick this one but am leaning toward the home team.

CSP looked shell shocked last week in Winona from the start. I am hoping (with my purple colored glasses) that it was because of how good WSU is and nothing else. :)

Comment

pretty big game in Aberdeen for two 0-1 teams.

Comment

UIU at CU. A real tossup. UIU played better than CU in their losses, so I will go with the Peacocks.

WSU at MSUM. Seems the Warriors have come out to play extra hard in Coach Sawyers goodbye tour. The Dragons will play well at home. WSU wins.

USF at MSU-Minot. The Beavers really struggled at AU. Won't get any easier against Thuro Reisdorfer and company. Minot has some players on offense, perhaps they will play better at home. USF

AU at MARY. Craig Bagnell is trying to build a program. AU is an established program. I'll take the Vikings.

WSC at BSU. Coach McMenamin is going to lift the Wildcats and will put up a good fight, but not ready for the Beavers. Farthest south team heads 485 miles to farthest north team or is Minot further N? Checked it out Minot is a bit farther N. Beavers win.

MSU- Mankato at UMD. A heavyweight match. Jim Heinitz my favorite ex Augie coach used to say teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2. That's scary in UMD's case. Despite the close win over an inspired Northern team the Mavs easily won the stat battle. Going out on a limb here, MSU gets back to form and beat the Bulldogs.

SMSU at NSU. Crazy that the Mustangs put a team together in 4 weeks, they will get better as the season progresses. The Wolves put hope in the rest of the league with their fantastic game against the mighty Mavs, especially with a new coach and system. NSU may become another bully of the north. Beautiful new stadium with a huge crowd adds up to a win for NSU.

Wish UMC could have had a better football facility and could have been competitive. As for SCSU. don't understand why they couldn't have kept their program. To many people in the Athletic department making money without earning it.

Comment

So the Warriors looked really good in their win and I think they will be a tough matchup, but the Dragons have home advantage. My guess is a shootout that I'm hoping MSUM comes out on the winning side of. My guess is a final score in the upper 30s. Maybe 38-34 or 41-38.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                UIU at CU. A real tossup. UIU played better than CU in their losses, so I will go with the Peacocks.

WSU at MSUM. Seems the Warriors have come out to play extra hard in Coach Sawyers goodbye tour. The Dragons will play well at home. WSU wins.

USF at MSU-Minot. The Beavers really struggled at AU. Won't get any easier against Thuro Reisdorfer and company. Minot has some players on offense, perhaps they will play better at home. USF

AU at MARY. Craig Bagnell is trying to build a program. AU is an established program. I'll take the Vikings.

WSC at BSU. Coach McMenamin is going to lift the Wildcats and will put up a good fight, but not ready for the Beavers. Farthest south team heads 485 miles to farthest north team or is Minot further N? Checked it out Minot is a bit farther N. Beavers win.

MSU- Mankato at UMD. A heavyweight match. Jim Heinitz my favorite ex Augie coach used to say teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2. That's scary in UMD's case. Despite the close win over an inspired Northern team the Mavs easily won the stat battle. Going out on a limb here, MSU gets back to form and beat the Bulldogs.

SMSU at NSU. Crazy that the Mustangs put a team together in 4 weeks, they will get better as the season progresses. The Wolves put hope in the rest of the league with their fantastic game against the mighty Mavs, especially with a new coach and system. NSU may become another bully of the north. Beautiful new stadium with a huge crowd adds up to a win for NSU.

Wish UMC could have had a better football facility and could have been competitive. As for SCSU. don't understand why they couldn't have kept their program. To many people in the Athletic department making money without earning it.

Mishandling the budget was one of them

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    As for SCSU. don't understand why they couldn't have kept their program. To many people in the Athletic department making money without earning it.
                    I'd bet that there are many disappointed SCSU fans who would agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
                      So the Warriors looked really good in their win and I think they will be a tough matchup, but the Dragons have home advantage. My guess is a shootout that I'm hoping MSUM comes out on the winning side of. My guess is a final score in the upper 30s. Maybe 38-34 or 41-38.
                      I watched both teams play last week. Winona looked like a top team. IMO if MSUM can control the clock and keep drives going they can keep it within 10 pts. If MSUM starts getting into 3rd and long situations it will be a route by 20+. Just my observations. No hate on MSUM. I think Falk is going to be great for you guys for many years.

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-two-preview-2021/

Mankato at Duluth is surely the most interesting game on the slate.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                          https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-two-preview-2021/

Mankato at Duluth is surely the most interesting game on the slate.
                          Great write-up. But why would you call us "The Augies?"

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

It is OK to say Vikings, which Augustana has been known as since the 1920's.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

That made me laugh. Almost reads like an editors change that doesn't know anything about the NSIC. I do enjoy Witt's optimism on the NSU game this week, and tend to agree with him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X