Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan
      I heard from someone years ago, not sure if true, but that Crookston and Minot just want big rosters, well-rounded students, and don't have many scholarships. I was looking at both school's sites - great baseball schools though. Too bad Crookston doesn't have football anymore though.
      This has largely been the case with Southwest over the past decade or so.

Comment

That's too bad. Are the coaches professors and tenured? The information I was told seems true based on their records and roster sizes.

Football NSIC records last three years
        SW 9-24, Minot 7-29, Crookston 1-32...all roster sizes 80-108

Men's Basketball NSIC records last three years
        SW 16-35, Minot 19-35, Crookston 17-41...all roster sizes 18-20. They must have JV teams with rosters that big? My HS baseball team had 11 guys and 3 left handers, maybe they have managers on the roster.
        To clarify, this is the case for football, not as much in other sports necessarily. Football once had roster size under 50 in the D2 era.

Comment

My kind of Quarterback. Steve DeBerg, six teams and top 20 statistics!

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
            I was actually on a date
            Good for you! In the last five years the Mavs have had more regular season losses than I have had dates.

Of course I mean these.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Good for you! In the last five years the Mavs have had more regular season losses than I have had dates.

Of course I mean these.

Don't be so modest, you have too many options so you so say no to everyone as not to hurt anyone's feelings. Always took you as a raisins type of man anyways.

Comment

technically 7

If Laker looked like Steve DeBerg he would have more female dates, instead of the kind that kept him a,"REGULAR" man.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Don't be so modest, you have too many options so you so say no to everyone as not to hurt anyone's feelings. Always took you as a raisins type of man anyways.
                  How did you know???

California Raisins - Heard It Through The Grapevine (1988) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Of course I mean these.
                    Reminds me of the old joke where a pretty girl asked a guy if he wanted a date, but the guy replied that he preferred figs.

Comment

SMSU does pretty good in men's basketball with the scholarships it does have....which isn't much. SMSU is at/near the bottom of the NSIC year after year. And I'm not sure where you got your MBB records from. While SMSU is 11-29 in the past two seasons (COVID protocols ravaged last season), they are 29-43 in the last three seasons and 54-52 over the last four seasons.

Comment

NSIC conference records. Anyone can muck up 20 wins non-conference
                        As I was saying, the two years before your sample size, SMSU was a combined 34-10 in men's hoops against the NSIC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X